Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Giant Trance X Sizing
  • tim41
    Free Member

I’m looking for some sizing advice for the Trance X. The Giant website doesn’t really help much.
    The only guide i could find online was
    here

I’m about 5ft10, and the size guide above suggests I’m at the top end of medium/18in. I think I’d prefer slightly on the small size rather than too big. The top tube length of 585mm is pretty close to the 590mm of my hardtail, but i do run the saddle right back on the rails there, so could probably go a bit larger in theory.

Don’t you just love the bike industry and its mix of metric and imperial units…?

Anyone got any advice or real world experience of the Trance X and sizing? or perhaps the standard Trance or even the Reign, just to give an idea of Giant sizing.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hello Tim, I just got an 18″ Trance (not X, but 2008 model so probably similar).

I’m 5ft 9in and have found it just about right, the top tube is short and I wouldn’t want to go any less than the 90mm stem I have on it now.

I definitely wouldn’t want a 20″ frame though, the 18″ is the perfect size for riding over technical terrain for me.

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m just under 6′ (with stumpy legs) and the large Trance X I rode was probably a little bit on the big side, and I like bigger frames ‘cos I have long arms. Yeah, I’m built like a monkey.

emac65
    Free Member

6’1″ & a large Trance fits me just right

nre
    Free Member

6’2″ on a large/20″ Trance. I’d say an 18″ should be ok for you, certainly no larger… the 20″ is a *big* frame…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

5′ 11″ and normally proportioned

The medium (18″)is good. The large was much too large for me.
    You may notice that the TT feels short compared with other bikes which requires some adaptation in body position when climbing steep trails. But it’s not desperate. I’ve replaced the 110mm stem with a 75mm and it was still OK. The main effect is that the steering and cornering feels uber quick.
    The main style of the bike encourages very fast, nimble trail riding and is not an “I’m indestructable” blundering lump.
    I’d love to try an AnthemX, but I;d probably want to buy one!

sp
    Free Member

Heck Tim, that has bounce at both ends 🙄
    (Steve P)

tim41
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like 18in will be OK, which is good as 20in really does sound all wrong, and there’s only 18in in stock where I’ve been looking.

Steve – got another alps trip booked this summer. After 4 previous alps trips on hardtails, including one fatality (RIP Howler), I’ve decided its about time for bounce at both ends 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

6ft 1 and a medium X. i guess it depends on what kind of bike you want it to be. mines got 130mm z1’s on as i think they are underforked. great bikes though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance X Sizing’ is closed to new replies.