Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giant Defy sizing
  • birky
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting a Defy but unsure of the best size to go for. I’m 5’9″ which is the upper end of M and lower end of M/L. Anyone got experience of Giant’s compact sizing?
    (Looking to buy a discounted 2011 online so would feel a bit cheeky going to the LBS and trying theirs).

Jamie
    Free Member

Get an M.

I am 5’7″ and ride an M, but could quite easily go for an S.

Body proportions may make a difference though.

(Looking to buy a discounted 2011 online so would feel a bit cheeky going to the LBS and trying theirs).

Depending where in the world you are, the Giant Store at Rutland allows you to hire their road bikes for a couple of hours.

tarquin
    Free Member

I have an XL which is 58.5cm and I am about 6 foot 2.5.

It feels slightly too big for me as a newbie to road riding, shorter stem will solve it perhaps, I need to work on the bar position.

I am used to riding a 20″ framed MTB which is slightly too small for me, but more chuckable. Picked mine up second hand so couldn’t be too picky about frame size.

onewheelgood

I’m 5’7″ and have a 2010 Defy in M. I find it very comfortable but I think I would probably also have been fine on a Small – I’m right on the borderline for Giant sizing. It does depend what your proportions are but I reckon you’d be fine with a Medium, as there would be plenty of scope for me to raise the saddle without it getting silly.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Im 6ft and ride an M/L which is perfect.Id say an M would be spot on for you.

mboy
    Free Member

5ft 10.5 here, I ride a medium. I could have gone for the M/L, but felt the medium a better fit as I’ve got slightly longer legs and shorter torso than average for my height.

Would say at 5ft 9 you’ll be a Medium.

birky
    Free Member

Cheers y’all 🙂

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’m a gnats winky under 5’8 and I ride a small defy and find it comfy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giant Defy sizing’ is closed to new replies.