Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Ghostbusters Afterlife
  • Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Apologies if it has already been posted.

nuke

Thanks for sharing that. Bloomin loved the original Ghostbusters and this looks promising 🤞

P-Jay
    Free Member

Looks good, lets all try to forget any Ghost based ‘comedies’ that were released in 2016 like they never happened.

It’s a sequel, but it’s pretty far removed from the original, new themes, new characters, probably a few nice ties to the originals, doesn’t seem to need to piss all over it’s legacy either, which is nice.

Cougar

HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT!!

kelvin

Goonies vibe?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Goonies vibe?

I was thinking Stranger Things, but that might be because one of the actors from ST is in the trailer.

twistedpencil

Just came to post about this.  Looks ace, cannot wait!

senorj

Yes please.

boomerlives
    Free Member

I can see myself sitting down for a big slice of this.

tjmoore

Looks promising. A bit Ghostbusters Teen perhaps. Though the charm of the original was the comedy and it looks like this isn’t one.

beej

HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT!!

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I’ve seen the original well over 100 times. It was the only film on video I owned as a kid!

beej

It’s got a collection of “spores, moulds and fungus”!

boomerlives
    Free Member

Ha! Good spot.

Pity Harold Ramis can’t be in it; not bothered if Bill Murray isn’t available.

pondo

not bothered if Bill Murray isn’t available.

That’s all kinds of wrong. 🙁

Cougar

not bothered if Bill Murray isn’t available.

Over the years Murray has flip-flopped countless times over whether he’s going to sign up to another Ghostbusters film or not (and backed out of a few after previously agreeing to them). The fact that he’s involved in this one – and he is – can only be a good sign.

Markie
    Free Member

Looks fun!

zilog6128

I was thinking Stranger Things, but that might be because one of the actors from ST is in the trailer.

yeah, hope they’re not just jumping on the ST/retro bandwagon, it does look quite good from the trailer though!

Of course, the internet nerds have been examining it in detail:

Most interesting thing in the trailer has to be the name of the mining company they’re visiting:

It’s “Shandor,” as in “Ivo Shandor, the architect of the building in New York that summoned Gozer.”

interesting…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Seems the last few ‘woke’ film fans left are taking to Twitter to moan about it. It’s very White / Male or indeed White Male apparently.

Drac

Cougar

Seems the last few ‘woke’ film fans left are taking to Twitter to moan about it. It’s very White / Male or indeed White Male apparently.

Aside from it being centred around a young girl turning Ghostbuster, if what I’ve read thus far is to be believed. Alison Bechdel is on the phone…

Damned if you do and damned if you don’t these days. Look at all the butthurt INCELs crying about the reboot a few few years ago.

sobriety
    Free Member

The reboot was terrible though, it felt like they took a 3 minute SNL sketch and stretched it into a movie.

Drac

Pity Harold Ramis can’t be in it; not bothered if Bill Murray isn’t available

I bet there’s an appearance.

benv
    Free Member

Butthurt INCELs? Reeeeeeee!!!!!! Get Woke, Go Broke. White males, black men. Boomers. Zoomers. Gammons. Soy boys. Libtards.

Anything else I’ve missed?

I wish we could put the last few years into the shredder of history and get away from all this **** shite.

SaxonRider

Actually, that looks like it might be pretty good! The rubber on those tyres, though, makes me very nervous. I hope they get them changed. Michelin CrossClimates for the win.

nickc

Doesn’t this belong in the “Stop remaking every film you festering etc etc…” started by the good Capt?

Talk about cash cow,,,

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m voting a Yes for it.

dirkpitt74

That actually looks like it might be good.

z1ppy

where’s they fricken like button?

zilog6128

Doesn’t this belong in the “Stop remaking every film you festering etc etc…”

No

Drac

Doesn’t this belong in the “Stop remaking every film you festering etc etc…” started by the good Capt?

No, fans have been asking for a 3rd for decades and that thread is for grumpy gits.

TheFlyingOx

“There hasn’t been a ghost sighting in 30 years”

A big F.U. to the 2016 reboot right there.

Drac

The what? There was no reboot carry on.

simondbarnes

I enjoyed the 2016 one

retro83
    Free Member

benv

Butthurt INCELs? Reeeeeeee!!!!!! Get Woke, Go Broke. White males, black men. Boomers. Zoomers. Gammons. Soy boys. Libtards.

Anything else I’ve missed?

I wish we could put the last few years into the shredder of history and get away from all this **** shite.

Hear hear.

Poopscoop

Oh hell yes, looks ace!

brownsauce
    Free Member

Aaah , its the kids of the first films’ characters , how cute.

looks a whole load of meh to me.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I spent a good chunk of yesterday building this with my lad (present for his 7th birthday). 😀

We’re looking forward to it.

colournoise

Kid of original film maker makes film about kids of original film characters. All a bit meta (but kind of geekily cool) …

Am kind of excited, but needs snarky laughs to be a proper follow up.

nickc

No, fans have been asking for a 3rd for decades

Uh huh, so a Hollywood studio isn’t exploiting your fond memories of a well loved film so they don’t really have to come up with any new ideas, and consequently save a bunch of time and money on anything approaching a script. They’ll just stuff the film full of “easter eggs” to get the nerds on You tube endlessly spaffing (sly political satire shoehorned in) over carefully released trailers that will ultimately end up in a joyless and most likely plotless marketing exercise produced in a blue screen warehouse in order to ruthlessly push merchandising…

Right…You haven’t been paying much attention to the Hollywood model, have you?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Ghostbusters Afterlife’ is closed to new replies.