Home Forums Chat Forum Getting stuff out from behind a radiator

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Getting stuff out from behind a radiator
  • ratherbeintobago

As above really.

30mm gap between wall and radiator; gap I can just about fit a ruler through between skirting and radiator.

Anyone got any thoughts/suggestions?

dyna-ti

Stick, garden cane, opened out wire  coat hanger ?

martinhutch

What have you got stuck down there? Are we your last hope before you have to call a paramedic?

bigblackshed

OP. You don’t live in Gloucester, do you?

3-D657301-DAFA-449-A-8441-E1-A5-CCCFA50-A

james-rennie

Flattened cardboard box from underneath.

kormoran
    Free Member

Ive retrieved all sorts of things by putting some black tack on a ruler or similar and just poking about til something sticks

(black tack is basically industrial blue tack)

lerk
    Free Member

I’ve used one of these to get various bits from behind radiators and also bolts from engine bays etc

Flexible Grabber Tool, Magnetic 4 Claws Picker Long Handy Bendable Hose Pickup Reaching Assist Tool for Litter Pick/Home Sink/Drain https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B093BYKNHX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_BGBEKMVP9HKQSXXFKQ7X

theotherjonv

loop of duck tape (sticky side out obvs) taped to the end of a ruler or stick….it’ll get loads of fluff as well!

meeeee
    Free Member

Was just about to post the grabber claw that Lerk mentioned above, great thing to have in the toolbox.

ratherbeintobago

Flattened cardboard box from underneath.

That’s a good shout!

What have you got stuck down there? Are we your last hope before you have to call a paramedic?

Treasure! Fortunately not body parts; looks like a book, a bracelet, a Duplo brick and a pair of scissors. I’d definitely like to get the book out.

it’ll get loads of fluff as well!

There’s definitely loads of fluff down there. Sadly not no.1 child’s netball socks though, which I’d hoped for.

Phil_H

A Grabber inserted from the top.
    Other suppliers are available 😁

Bruce

Two old spokes joined with a spoke nipple. Repeat and go fishing. It’s what I use when things end up in inconvenient parts of the car engine bay.

lesgrandepotato

Just take the radiator off

oldschool

This ^^^^
    There’s a good chance the rad just lift up and off. Might not have tons of movement if copper pipe, but likely enough to lift it 1/2” and tip forward a couple of inches so someone can grab the treasure

kayak23

Take a few bricks out and access it from the other side.

jeffl

Beaten to it. Will weigh a bit if it’s a double pannel and full of water, but easy to lift it off between two people, all the crap will fall out, then just hook it back on.

loum
    Free Member

Bread knife

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Angle grinder springs to mind for me

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Getting stuff out from behind a radiator’ is closed to new replies.