Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Getting shot of a cold – how??
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

3 days of stinking cold here – snot, snot, and more snot! Decongestants haven’t worked, rest/fruit/water haven’t, chip shop curry hasn’t!! Whats left before i top me sen?

brakes
    Free Member

alcohol – drown the bugger

Guilliano
    Free Member

Vit c? Ecanasia (SP?). Hot steamy shower to clear the sinuses. If all else fails cut the ends off a couple of bird eye chillis, stick them up your nose and sniff hard. May burn a tad but it’ll clear your snot!

knottie8
    Free Member

echinacea is good for colds and flu

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

just ignore it – it’s mostly self-pity…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

its a preventive not a cure tho

racing_ralph
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

just ignore it – it’s mostly self-pity…

send me a sae and i will send you some snot, then tell me its self pity!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

boots do an own brand soluble vit b tablet, like berroca (you’ll find it on the shelf next to it) but higher dosage and half the price. i find that very good for picking up when i’m run down with the lergy esp one that seems to drag on.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

send me a sae and i will send you some snot

I’m already familiar with it thanks 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

there is no way of shortening the duration of the infection as its viral. all you can do is symptomatic relief and even that has its problems – decongestants for example give you rebound – it that you are more blocked up once they wear off. Paracetomol, fluids, decongestants before bed

racing_ralph
    Free Member

vit c drinks it is then

dr_adams
    Free Member

Vit c has been to help prevent but not proven to help shift.
    Its all about keeping fluids high.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, what TJ says. You just gotta roll with it. The whole decongestant thing is a big money making scam for exactly the reasons he says. The more you use, the more you need, etc. Maybe a bit of olbas oil on your quilt cover or pillow if you’re trying to get to sleep. But forget over the counter stuff, it’s mostly bollocks.

Interestingly enough, I saw an advert for “european antibiotic awareness day” on the back of the Obsever magazine informing people that no amount of antibiotics will get rid of a cold. Nice touch…now tell that to the snuffling masses of lazy-arse dodgers lining up at my GP whenever I trot in for a (of course) genuine complaint.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Getting shot of a cold – how??’ is closed to new replies.