Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Getting 15 or so riders & bikes back from Dunwich beach
  • hatter

Right then, time to ask the hive mind.

I’m trying to get 15 or so co workers organized to do the Dunwich Dynamo, we’ve looked at all options for the return leg and decided that getting a coach to collect us would be the best bet,

I’m always seeing minibuses with trailers on the road and thought that’d be the ideal solution for people + bikes but I can’t find a coach company with one anywhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a company that may have such a thing been calling people all afternoon with no joy.

porter_jamie

hire a 17 seat minibus and take the bikes apart and stuff them in where you can

hatter

The hire companies I’ve contacted weren’t keen on that idea.

Apart from the oily chains on upholstery problem there’s also the issue of what happen to all these unattached bikes if there’s a crash.

Hence my quest for a minibus & trailer.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hire a minibus and a van?

crazy-legs

A mate did this a few years ago for their club riders. Hired a minibus and a small van – Luton style thing. Meant two drivers, two lots of fuel etc but it worked well.

wwaswas

I’d go for a minibus and a luton van too. All their kit can go over the cab and the bikes can be strapped to the sides in the main bed of the truck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Getting 15 or so riders & bikes back from Dunwich beach’ is closed to new replies.