Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Genesis Latitude and Core
  • matty456
    Free Member

Evening. Is this a good deal ? a Genesis Latitude 00 2011 for £500 on bikes2udirect. Can anyone tell me does it have the same geometry as the Genesis Core 100 ? Can’t seem to find it on tinternet. Thanks.

dannybgoode

Wee bit pedantic of me but the Core has the same geometry Latitude (Core is based on Latitude not the other way round).

I have recently bought the Latitude 00 for almost the same price (little cheaper but it was an ex-demo). Lovely bike, really really enjoy riding it.

The only thing I would upgrade as soon as you can is the wheels – get something a bit lighter on there and it makes the handling nice and sharp.

Cheers

Danny B

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks Danny, do you use it for trail centres? I’m wanting to do a bit of local xc and a few trail centre visit’s too. Are the forks ok for a bit of abuse? Ta.

dannybgoode

I live very close to Greno Woods in Sheffield which is has a number of trails in it (although its not strictly a full on trail centre). Lots of roots, mud and a few rocks and its much faster than I am!!

Perfect for trails, XC – anything you would want to chuck a hard tail at.

The forks are fine. Yes, they’re ‘only’ coils but coils do have some advantages over air (especially cheaper air shocks). Small bump compliance and a linear response (basically means they compress the same amount across the travel – air shocks are progressive so firm up the more they compress) are two of them.

They are very robust but not the lightest. I have upgraded mine but its by now means a must (I just had the opportunity to for the price).

The steel frame rides really nice and is a solid base for future upgrades (wheels, brakes then forks in that order if you so desire in the future).

Cheers

Danny B

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. I’m hovering over the “buy” button. Been looking around for a while at bikes in this price range and this one does look the best spec / reviews etc. Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Latitude and Core’ is closed to new replies.