Home Forums Bike Forum Genesis CDA 10 – what’s it like?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Genesis CDA 10 – what’s it like?
  • dirkpitt74

Been looking at these over the last few weeks.

Anyone run one with 650b?

What tyre clearance do you get with 650b?

Thanks

dirkpitt74

Anyone?

dirkpitt74

matt_outandabout

I test rode one a year ago. It was very nice really – happy to zip along at reasonable speed on the road, but felt confident off road. It was however over-geared (most ‘gravel’ bikes are imo) and the fork felt rather firm on the slightly narrower tyres then I wanted.

Glad I went Vagabond though, bigger tyres and seems more comfy for what I want.

ampthill

This years or the older model?

matt_outandabout

Good point – I was on older, base model.

citizenlee
    Free Member

I had a 2015 CDF 10 and didn’t really get on with it. I can’t really put my finger on why but I just didn’t enjoy riding it on or off road. Steering felt horrible. I think it maybe felt like what I imaged a road bike was like (I’ve never ridden any “real” road bikes mind you).

Sold it and got a Cube NuRoad which I do really like.

dafoj
    Free Member

I bought a CDA off eBay for £300 a couple of years ago, it had hardly been ridden and was mint. Great for lanes and bridleways, mechanical disc brakes feel a bit sketchy in comparison with my other bikes. Love getting out on it on a sunny day to get some miles in

citizenlee
    Free Member

I had a 2015 CDF 10 and didn’t really get on with it. I can’t really put my finger on why but I just didn’t enjoy riding it on or off road. Steering felt horrible. I think it maybe felt like what I imaged a road bike was like (I’ve never ridden any “real” road bikes mind you).

Sold it and got a Cube NuRoad which I do really like.

Just noticed you’d asked about the CDA not the CDF.

Oh well, all in the spirit of answering without fully reading the question :D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.