Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • General Purpose Grease
  • fathomer

I know this has been done before and it’s a boring question, so apologises 😳

I’ve had a Dualco grease gun since last Christmas and I’ve decided it’s time to fill it up as I’ve got some bits to do that are going to require grease, striping down Hope Pro Hub for instance. Plus the current cheapie Bike Hut stuff has just about ran out.

Don’t think I need bearing grease as everything I own uses cartridge bearings. I was going to get some of the Mobil XHP that Hope use but that’s as rare as rocking horse shit.

So what’s the forums current favourite?

mjsmke

KY

cookeaa

I just use a cheap 500g tub of “Marine Grease” I got a while ago for general duties…

I did want a grease gun for a while, but then realised that a calpol dosing syringe is an ideal delivery tool, its essentially free, much easier to get into tricky spaced, easy to load, and 5ml is actually quite a lot of grease for most jobs…

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve been using Superlube Not bike specific, but I like it a lot.

hatter

White lightning crystal grease in my Dualco here, like the fact you can easily see when it’s contaminated and it’s tested as safe on carbon.

£20 was a lot for a tub but it’s lasted 2 years so far and is still more than 3/4 full so roughly £3 a year seems reasonable value.

Very good at silencing creaky Shimano pedals as well.

fletch71
    Free Member

Hi A pal of mine can get Mobil XHP 222. Email me and i will find out how much he will sell it for.
    Its what I use and it is v good and pretty water resistant.
    Cheers

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use that superlube in Turner bushes but consider it too light for bearings. I use silkolene rg2 or maxima motorcycle grease.

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

Got the mobil 222 grease as well. It’s what hope use supposedly. Seems good enough though.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161406096443?nav=SEARCH

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘General Purpose Grease’ is closed to new replies.