Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • GENERAL ELECTION
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I was actually considering going Green myself… pretty sure they give a damn about the country. Indeed – they give a damn about the whole planet, which has to be even better 😉 I may go Lib Dem even – used to vote SNP but moved south of the border!

I will drive nails through my eyeballs long before I vote BNP or UKIP thanks.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

SamThomas – Member

I can’t stand the BNP, that was an awful call from Oxboy.

But I am considering voting UKIP for the European Elections only.

Eh? Whilst praps not quite as bad as the BNP, they are still a pretty dodgy bunch of right-wingers, who would drag this country backwards, socially and culturally. Robert Kilroy Silk, anyone?

Sandwich

Lib-Dems here as the candidate will probably be a friend of a friend. Greens as a an outside bet.
    I will never vote fascist/racist the last bastion of the ill-informed.

roddersrambler
    Free Member

where is the screaming lord when you need him ?

Pieface

A BNP leaflet came through our door the other day. Apparently we need to vote for them to stop the flood of 80 million muslim turks. The population of Turkey is 72 million.

footflaps

They’re not all utterly corrupt, our Lib Dem MP, David Howarth, commutes to London by train from Cambridge and claimed nothing for a 2nd home, as he doesn’t have one – just claimed for rail fares.

lister

just claimed for rail fares

i pay for my own commute to work.

SamThomas
    Free Member

SamThomas – Member

I can’t stand the BNP, that was an awful call from Oxboy.

But I am considering voting UKIP for the European Elections only.

Eh? Whilst praps not quite as bad as the BNP, they are still a pretty dodgy bunch of right-wingers, who would drag this country backwards, socially and culturally. Robert Kilroy Silk, anyone?

Sorry,

To make it clearer.

I generally dislike UKIP, but I also hate the EU. And they are the only party who will get us out of the EU, hence voting for them for the European elections. Note, only the european elections.

I am quite a fan of the green party otherwise.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Pieface – if you’re going to start ridiculing the BNP and what their dipstick members say, then this thread will run and run.

I’ll throw this contribution in anyway ……

’British pensioners’ on BNP election leaflet are actually Italian models

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

they are the only party who will get us out of the EU

That’s not true.

No2EU – Yes to Democracy

SamThomas
    Free Member

True. Maybe I should have said, only big party.

genghispod
    Free Member

Oh dear, I think you people are under the impression that we live in a democratic society.

Oxboy
    Free Member

You may say it was a bad call by me and I must be a ‘care in the community case’ or have a ‘mental illness’, but voting Green wont ever worry the main stream parties. They would laugh that one off. To be honest who wouldnt? Voting far right will thats their worst fear!
    If anything will make them put their houses in order that will.
    Ah well back to my padded cell.

😈

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Dear God. I thought he’d crawled back under his stone… 🙄

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Let’s just keep voting for either head of the phallus, just to keep the other out. How traditionally servile. You Brits know your place.

Or maybe vote for somebody else.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

who would drag this country backwards, socially and culturally.

?

And I suppose it’s taken for granted amongst some folks here and the pro-globalisation types that “new arrivals” do the opposite?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Go to bed; you’re obviously tired, and this is all a bit too much for you.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Ooooh, stuck for a response? again?

Nice to know that “rudeboy” is pro globalisation. What would your brethren back home think?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Sorry, you’ve lost me there. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

I suspect neither do you, really.

But feel free to blether away; I may have a read in the morning, if I feel like a laugh.

Nighty night!

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Have you gone to bed?

Are you tired?

Is this too much for you?

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Sorry, you’ve lost me there. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Unsurprisingly.

I suspect neither do you, really.

A “rudeboy” ad hominem response. I’ve noticed he does this frequently. Play the ball sweetie, play the ball…

But feel free to blether away; I may have a read in the morning, if I feel like a laugh.

Hmmm, thank you. Here, have some Dopamine. Considering your documented fear of “early rising” and “life style” presence on this mountainbike forum, it suggests you may have little else to do today. Have a laugh on me.

Nighty night!

It’s mid morning here, but you weren’t to know that. Outside of your specula etc…

konabunny
    Free Member

just claimed for rail fares

i pay for my own commute to work.
    To be fair, MPs are supposed to have two “work sites”: Westminster and their home constituency office. I think it’s fair that he claims for travel from home to one of those offices (but not both simultaneously). I think that would be the practice in most private companies.

I also would say that I don’t mind if non-Home Counties MPs rent a 1-bedroom apt in Zone 1/2 at market rates. Again, most private companies that needed their employees at a remote location for an extended period would do the same thing. There are hundreds of serviced/executive apartment companies in London filled with businesspeople. But this whole “live with my parents, pay rent to my sister, dredge my moat” bullsh1t is just taking the pish.

“…quite apart from money spent by tourists who come here because we have a Monarchy. FWIW, several years ago I read somewhere that the cost to the German people for running a Federal system was at least twice what our Monarchy costs us.”

This makes no sense whatsoever.

1) People don’t visit the UK because it has a monarchy today. Some of them come to gawp at the old castles, absolutely true. But if the monarchy were abolished, they would still come. People still visit Versailles, the Kremlin, the Taj Mahal, Neuschwanstein Castle and whatever the castle in Prague is called even though their royal families have been shot/dissolved/expropriated/whatever.

In fact, if the monarchy were abolished, the tourists would be able to wander around more of the palaces because the dole scum would have been evicted.

2) The German Federal government has actual, operational/executive responsibility for external relations, federal law, enviromental regulation, standards etc for a population of 82 million people. The cost of the monarchy just has to manage the affairs of a small number of people in the household. If what you say is accurate, then the fact that they need half the German federal budget to do it is a searing indictment of their ineptitude and inefficiency.

In practice I think your figure just doesn’t make sense or is missing some vital information. Perhaps you can dig up the relevant info.

konabunny
    Free Member

I had to google what specula are. I wish I hadn’t bothered!

Spongebob
    Free Member

So are we are agreed, all main political parties suck and we need electoral reform?

So what’s your party going to be called and what’s your manifesto? (keep it brief pls).

Mine would be along the lines of a commercially focused but socially responsible party. Focused on aiding enterprise at all levels, not giving freeloaders a comfortable ride, but rewarding industry. No extra special treatment for any one group – we are all the same aren’t we? A Meritocracy run by a toff free bunch of normal people! Local councils that treat people like customers instead of cash cows. Encouraging all people to focus on personal responsibility, especially regarding finances. We ought to be living within out means. Having a little consideration for the effects our own actions might have on others.

And I could bang on for pages and pages about what I might do. Less of my ideas, what about yours?

richc
    Free Member

1.) People don’t visit the UK because it has a monarchy today

Ummm, actually thats not true IMHO, in a totally unscientific sample of people I’ve met from Canada, Caribbean, NZ and other commonwealth countries, a lot of people from the ex colonies want to come over here to see the Queen as they are proud of their/our Royal Family.

The Queens birthday is a public holiday in most of the commonwealth, FFS most UK citizens don’t even know when it is!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oxboy … you’ve obviously read my post, but you haven’t answered my question – why not ?

It was a very simple and straightforward question. And you’re clearly keen to give advise on how people on this forum should vote.

So I’ll ask the question again.

Are you calling on just British born white forum users to vote BNP, or are you saying that black and asian forum users should also vote BNP ?

Please answer the question ……. I think you should.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

If it weren’t for their completely cloud cuckoo, away with the fairies ‘defence policies’ I’d probably vote Green.

PePPeR

uh?

Spongebob
    Free Member

A multi-cultural society benefits our nation in many ways. I supposrt it fully. What is not good is letting anyone come and live here without knowing if they can contribute, whether they qualify to live here. Britain should not be a free for all! The BNP is morally broke and harbour too many knuckle heads who display the ugliest tendencies. They are just wrong! Parties like these make it impossible to rationally debate immigration without being immediately branded as a bigot and a racist. So we end up in a right old mess and still nobody can open their mouths to suggest a solution without being shot down for being,,, racist.

I suspect that is why the main parties avoid the subject like the plague.

anagallis_arvensis

“FFS most UK citizens don’t even know when it is!”

But we dont care, thats the point.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Parties like these make it impossible to rationally debate immigration without being immediately branded ans a bigot and a racist.

But only if we choose to let them make it impossible. I’m more than happy to have to ‘rationally debate immigration’. And I have absolutely no fear of been branded a bigot and a racist. Because I know I’m not.

Although I’m always suspicious of those who ‘fear’ being branded as bigots and racists – as I suspect that it’s often, because they actually are.

trailmonkey

FFS most UK citizens don’t even know when it is

We might do if we got a day’s holiday out of it too.

Sooner have a republic myself.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I got a BNP leaflet through the door today. Went out and asked the postman not to put stuff like that through my door. He does not in any way want to, but is legally obliged to (along with all other parties’ manifesto leaflets). He said he’d rather just put them all in the bin, but he’d lose his job. fair enough.

The BNP don’t desrve to be part of ‘democracy’. Like **** would they allow it, if God Forbid they ever came to power. Bunch of nonces, thugs and wife-batterers…

tyger
    Free Member

SP doesn’t 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So the BNP can’t count on your support these coming elections then RudeBoy ?

Although I suggest you that should hold your fire before making a final decision ….. I’m think Oxboy might come back to tell non-white forum users how they should vote.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ooh, you’re right. And DrDoolittle/Sodafarls, too… 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Now that’s not fair RB, unless I’m mistaken, there’s only one person on this forum who urged people to vote BNP.

…….. I’m just waiting to find out if his post was only aimed at white British born people on here.

tyger
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8054657.stm

These people have no shame or honour

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah, Oxboy seems like a simpleton, whilst Sodoolittle just likes a good joust.

Bored now anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘GENERAL ELECTION’ is closed to new replies.