Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Geax Ultralite Innertubes
  • GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Just bought a couple of the above mentioned innertubes in 26×1.95-2.125 size from a well known online store but when I have received them I believe they are just a cheap “normal” tube.And they came with no packaging.The tube does not have the name Geax on it anywhere and it weighs 188 grams instead of approx. 130grams.
    I know this seems trivial but when you buy something online you expect to receive what you purchased.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Return them then.

barnun
    Free Member

on one?

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

yes on one
    how did you know that!?!

Northwind

I think I’ve got some in the garage, I’ll try and remember to have a look tonight to give you a compare. They’re just boggo tubes, but light, really. Pretty sure they do say geax on them.

Doesn’t sound trivial btw, if you’re buying an “ultralite” tube you obviously want one that at least isn’t “moderatelyheavy”

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Cheers Northwind

barnun
    Free Member

I ordered some and was surprised at the weight of them ~180g (same as any other tube), but then they were only £1.20 ish each!

Not sure what I expected for that, but they’re not exactly Ultralite..

Northwind

Shit, I forgot. To the garage!

Northwind

Right, it does have Geax printed on it, and weighs in at 136g for the 1.5 – 2.25 presta. Also it has a silver valve stem, the pic on the on one website shows bronze?

Er, also, they’re advertising sizes that Geax don’t offer on the website- Geax offer a 1.1 – 1.5 and a 1.5 – 2.25, on one list a 1.95- 2.125?

barnun
    Free Member

Sounds like we don’t have Geax tubes then.. mysterious

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

My inner tubes have silver valve stems and have DURO made in Thailand printed on them!!
    With the sizes 26×1.75/2.00 26×1.95/2.00 /2.1/2.125 all in one line on one side of the tube!
    definitely NOT Geax Ultralite tubes!!

The genuine article.
    Half price at Wiggle. I’ve used ’em for years, no issues.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Yeah saw those at Wiggle but the “Geax” ones at on one were even cheaper at £1.29 each!!!

Basil

The ones I received were further lightened by having holes in them.
    I obviously contacted them via email but my internet is quite slow so still waiting for a reply since December.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Sent on one an email
    will update when i get a reply
    Cheers

granny_ring

From what people have said on here you might get a quicker response by phoning them.

scotroutes

FTFY

james
    Free Member

+1
    Ordered 26″ 1.95-2.125″ Geax MTB ultralite, instead get* boggo 700c DURO tube that weighs loads
    *at least I think that’s what I got, would need to double check in the garage to be sure

Ordered mid-decemeber, not got round to doing anything about it

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

On one have emailed me and are going to send me out the correct tubes that i ordered.Result. 😀
    Will update when they arrive!!

nick1962
    Free Member

No need for stone tablets then 😉

Phil_H

Horliks, Bought some of these in January before the puffer. Checked the other night and they say 28x something or 700 x something else.
    Bit late to send them back now though 🙁

barnun
    Free Member

I emailed On one as well, but I need to return the incorrect tubes first – pain in the neck! If they just got it right in the first place.. !

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

I have just opened up the package containing my new tubes and!!! 😯

scotroutes

Go on… You know you want to!

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Exactly the same tubes as before!!!
    The wrong ones!!!

nedrapier

How difficult is it to get things right? I’d be very interested to know how much being half-arsed with stock control saves them, how much the savings allow then to sell at lower prices, and how much it costs them in lost revenue due to people wanting to pay a bit more for less of a gamble with getting what they want.

The sums must be working for them, because this sort of thing comes up quite regularly, so it doesn’t seem as though a lot is being done to tighten things up. I wonder how far away the tipping point is.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Sent them another email!
    3rd time lucky. 😆

brant
    Free Member

Could anyone with issues on this drop me an email and I will resolve tomorrow.

I’m not into listing excuses, and it’s really of no interest as you are the ones affected, but if any affected parties want to email me via profile email account or brant at Planet X dot co dot uk I will get this sorted.

Apologies on behalf of the company.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Email sent to you Brant.

barnun
    Free Member

Email sent to Brant also.

brant
    Free Member

Hopefully we’ve got to the bottom of this now, but if anyone still has an issue outstanding by the end of the day, please drop me an email.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Still advertising them on the on one webshop!! 😯

brant
    Free Member

GSI-MAN – Member
    Still advertising them on the on one webshop!!
    POSTED 31 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

That’s odd. They were removed earlier.
    Thanks for update.

letmetalktomark

I went and checked mine that I ordered months ago and alas they are bod std ones too 🙁

Still cheap for tubes though!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Geax Ultralite Innertubes’ is closed to new replies.