Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Garmin "refurbished" unit – is it an acceptable replacement…
  • duntstick
    Free Member

How long is the warranty on the refurb?

unovolo
    Free Member

You’ve pointed out that what happens with Cars. (sometimes, and actually quite rarely)

Having worked for car dealers doing the actual repairs I alluded to, I think you will find it happens all the time, enough to have kept me in full time employment.
    I’m out as this is starting to become a willy waving contest.

nealglover
    Free Member

Having worked for car dealers doing the actual repairs I alluded to, I think you will find it happens all the time, enough to have kept me in full time employment.
    I’m out as this is starting to become a willy waving contest.

As a smart repairer who has contracts with 12 different dealerships (currently) I’ve got a fair idea how often it happens too.

But even then, it’s still a totally irrelevant comparison anyway, as he bought a hand held electrical device. And not a car.

munkster
    Free Member

Not read all the intervening posts but you chaps seem to be having fun with this one.

Update: UPS unable to deliver today so I called Garmin again and said I wanted to return the item to sender (which you can do online, rather than organise a redelivery) and get a full refund, whereupon I was put on hold for a bit and they eventually came back with the offer of sending me out a full retail boxed one (I’d only sent back the unit at their request, so was only getting a unit AFAIK) upon receipt of this return, and to apologise because sending me a refurbed one was “a genuine mistake”. Now, clearly I may yet still be getting a refurbed one for all I know since they are supposedly “as new” but this feels a lot more satisfactory an outcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Garmin "refurbished" unit – is it an acceptable replacement…’ is closed to new replies.