Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Garmin Edge 200 dead
  • tomkerton
    Free Member

Worked fine on Christams Eve, quite a wet ride but nothing unusual, uploaded as normal.

Picked it up this morning – dead. Tried different chargers etc but nothing.

Anyone experienced this? Do Garmin or anyone else fix these units? Or is it a trip to Evans?

damascus
    Free Member

Keep an eye out on amazon over the festive period. They had a flash sale on yesterday. Garmin edge 500 for 89.99.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Ta, looking now.

PiknMix
    Free Member

If you can’t get it up and running I have an immaculate 800 with full uk topo maps which I would let go for a decent price.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Thanks pik n mix, I think that it will be a bit too much computer and too much $$ for me.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Mine is patchy with poor sat pickup so I called them to check it up.

Garmin will replace if out of warranty, from memory it was £56 for a new 200, so worth calling if you can wait until they are back in the office.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

tried the submerge and leave in rice trick in case some moisture got into it? worth a try. I posted the 500 deal a bit late, have just posted for Etrex 20 deal starting at 202pm but may well be others (a garmin a day?).

plus-one

My 305 would appear dead at times(usually after full charge) and they can go into sleep mode to prevent damage.. There was a combination of pressing and holding certain buttons to reboot(can’t quite remember now) it’s on garmin website or google resetting garmin 🙂

Worth a check before binning !!

Dibbs
    Free Member
    tomkerton
    Free Member

Thank-you Dibbs, looking now.

winston_dog
    Free Member

My edge 300 started switching itself off, particularly on bumpy roads. Turns out its a well known problem. The usb connector gets loose over time. I fixed it by putting a small piece of rubber behind the connector. There’s lots of info on line.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 200 dead’ is closed to new replies.