Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin Edge 200
  • John25
    Free Member

Hi

Can anyone tell me if a Garmin Edge 200 runs Strava?

I’m just about to click on buy for one but I looked on the Strava website and it lists the Garmin Edge 205 as a compatible device. Has the Garmin Edge 200 replace the Garmin Edge 205?

Thank You

butcher

I was wondering the same about the Dakota 20, as that’s not listed either and I was thinking of buying one. I’m assuming that their lists are not up to date?

John25
    Free Member

Thats what I’m thinking but want to be sure before I buy one

Jase
    Free Member

People I follow on Strava seem to be using the 200.

timmys

I’m not sure what you mean by “runs Strava”. If you think you are going to run a Strava app on the GPS itself you are going to be disappointed.

However, pretty much any GPS in the history of the world works with Strava. Just take the .gpx file off the device and upload it to the Strava website. If you manage to find a GPS that doesn’t produce a .gpx file then there will almost certainly be a way of converting whatever file it does spit out into a .gpx (e.g. by using GPSBabel or the suchlike).

shortcut

Yes, I have one and it’s great for strava duties.

John25
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys

I’ll order one now

longstuff
    Free Member

You log into Strava, plug in the Garmin 200 then hit the Upload button, works a treat.

stueystuey
    Free Member

Be warned it’ll have you riding like a man posessed on the ups & a reckless hooligan on the downs.

jam-bo

One for sale cheap on the classifieds.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 200’ is closed to new replies.