Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin Connect auto upload/sync
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

why on earth everytime i finish a ride does it take about 30 attempts for my garmin edge510 to sync with iphone? it says phone connected etc, but then fails to sync, until randomly it will eventually do it! really infuriating after every ride

am i missing something or is it just shite? auto upload has never ever worked, i always have to sync it myself and press the upload button, but again that takes about 30 attempts before it goes through?

any thoughts, does any one else have this problem?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i just do mine manually, plug it into mac and through garmin connect. Faultless

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i know this is worst case scenario, but i often forget that way of doing it/ or i dont have a laptop with me for days sometimes

just cant understand why it doesnt sync? its connected etc so should have no reason not to do it straight away? it cant just be me surely?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone else? surely somebody other must have this problem too?

Gordymac
    Free Member

Have you deleted any of your previous rides off your Garmin?
    If you haven’t it clogs up the system and takes ages to sync.

Gordymac
    Free Member

I usually delete all rides at least once a week. I also switch on the Bluetooth on the iPhone first then the Garmin and it connects straight away.
    Should I leave or forget to delete the rides it takes a lot longer to happen.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thats interesting, nope ive never deleted the rides off the garmin! they are all on there since i had it new?

surely that shouldnt matter though, given the older rides are already on garmin connect?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

argggh you little beauty gordy! correct, and that seems to be why, ive just deleted them all off the garmin (around 100 ish rides oops)

did a little test save one at work and it uploaded instantly!

perfect and showed the route i save straight away, good lad!

cheers

willstaffs
    Free Member

I had the same problem for ages then I updated the app and now if I turn it off, turn Bluetooth on my phone on and then turn the garmin back on it connects instantly and uploads in seconds! If my Garmin is already on and then I turn Bluetooth on my phone it won’t connect at all!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive tried all that before, its very sensitive to something, although gordy sorted that for me, it instantly connected and uploaded automatically with no other rides left on there

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Connect auto upload/sync’ is closed to new replies.