Home Forums Bike Forum Garmin 1040 and Sram AXS pairing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin 1040 and Sram AXS pairing
  • escrs
    Free Member

Anyone done this?

My Garmin finds the AXS and connects but when i go to set it up it has two issues

1st one is it seems to think im running a double crankset and there is no option to select a X1 crank set up

2nd issue is that it only lists 11 speed for the rear and no option for 12 speed

The Garmin and all Sram AXS components have the latest firmware update

DickBarton

From memory, you find the sensor on the Garmin device and configure it there. I had to do that on my rear mech for the cassette.
    Suspect it should be the same thing although, you must have connected a front mech for it to think you are running a double?

escrs
    Free Member

Cheers but none of that helps

I can find and pair the AXS fine ( i used the Sram intsructions above before making this thread)

My issue is the Garmin seems to think there is a double crankset and gives no option for X1

Also the Garmin only lists 11 speed options for the cassette, again no option to select 12 speed, not even in the custom field

As i said im running the latest firmware on everything so not sure why it showing a double crankset and 11 speed only

PJay
    Free Member

Ah, I’m rather out of my depth here.

There’s some indication online that unpairing & re-pairing might solve some issues. There also appears to be an AXA phone app. I’m not sure whether this will allow you to configure things, but it might be interesting to see if the phone also only sees 2×11.

escrs
    Free Member

There’s nothing in the Sram AXS app i can see for this issue, the shifter and mech were set up using the AXS app and they all work fine, AXS app is the latest firmware and was used to update all components to their latest firmware, and everything works ok

It looks more to be a Garmin issue

vlad_the_invader

Have you tried speaking to Garmin tech support?

They’ve been very helpful when Ive needed to speak to them in the past…

oceanskipper

Factory reset the Garmin..

escrs
    Free Member

Issue now sorted

I deleted the paired AXS shifter and mech from the Garmin, removed the AXS battery, turned off the Garmin, turned everything back on and re paired the shifter and mech to the Garmin and it now shows the crank as a X1 crank and the cassette as a 12 speed so all sorted

Still a bit strange that it showed as 11 speed the first time round

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.