Home Forums Bike Forum Garden workshop recommendations

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Garden workshop recommendations
  • ehrob

Hiya! Looking for someone to supply and install an insulated garden bike store/workshop building. About 4m x 5m external. Obviously it’ll need to be sufficiently secure.

Scottish Borders based. Anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers!

vww

Maybe not quite what you’re after, but my shed from 1st for Fencing in Melrose has been great. Made to order in a variety of styles, sizes and quality. Well built and assembled on site. Not sure if they do insulation etc, but it’s a good starting point. Could do insulation yourself or a handyman maybe. I got electrics put in mine easily and would consider insulating if it was bigger (6×8).

rOcKeTdOg

I built my own as no one came close to what I wanted in quality or price. 12×8 pent with electrics cost around £1600 at COVID prices, not including labour obviously

ehrob

Thanks, will give 1st for fencing a shout.

As my original post said, I’m after a supply and installation. Not sufficiently experienced and/or competent to take this on myself.

rOcKeTdOg

As my original post said, I’m after a supply and installation. Not sufficiently experienced and/or competent to take this on myself.

Neither was I but bought this and never looked back

How to Build a Shed https://amzn.eu/d/7KElfXG

PXL_20201017_112258436

sharkattack

As my original post said, I’m after a supply and installation.

Welcome to STW. You won’t get the answer you wanted, you’ll get what other people want you to do.

jamiemcf

If you can assemble the components there is simply sheds at danderhall.

They made me a shed but I paid a mid COVID premium for it. I got a base, 4 walls and a roof. Just screwed it all together. Nae insulation or power. I had to do that.

I was game for making my own but I was overruled so bought one.

There is the garden room place at sheriffhall as well. Can find them on Google maps.

Admittedly this isn’t as per your OP though best I can suggest.

mjsmke

I explored lots of ways to make a 5x5m wooden outbuilding secure for bikes and ended up putting an Asgard bike shed inside it. Keeps it looking tidy too.

dovebiker

I’ve built a couple of log cabins – currently have a Tuin 3x4m.  If you can work a set-square, a mallet and a screwdriver you can build one – just get a builder to lay suitable foundations. I did have to screw mine down to the concrete founds to withstand 80mph winds and fit a corrugated metal roof, but it’s really solid.

martymac

I know this isn’t really relevant, but when I read the thread title, i thought it said

“Golden Retriever recommendations “

john dough
    Free Member

Mine cost 16k a man on a website converst shipping containers and droped them onto our land

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.