Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garburn Pass – update
  • Rik
    Free Member

Can any local riders give me an update.

I know the troutbeck side from Dubs up to the top has been levelled and is now practically a fireroad.

But what is the Kentmere side like? As that’s the side I will be descending??

Has it not been touched? Or some bits levelled, other bits still rocky? Or has it been covered in loose crap?

Hopefully riding it Sunday.

grum
    Free Member

Covered in loose crap I believe (according to a mate who did it a few weeks ago).

jonba
    Free Member

Did it a few weeks ago. Can never remember which way round it is but the steep side is still ok and good fun. By all accounts a bit easier than it was but not sanitised. The other side is very sanitised which makes it easy to ride up.

So I think you will be ok.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I did it a few weeks ago (6?) and other than at the very bottom where it joins the road next to the farm it hadn’t been touched for a while.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Aye like its fine

Rik
    Free Member

Cool good to know they’ve left all the nice rocky bedrock exposed!!

D0NK

was up there on sunday, didn’t know about the sanitisation, couldn’t believe it as I spun up garbun rd, never thought I’d clean that*. Kentmere side is same as ever, tho very loose at the moment.

*yeah it’s cheating but as last climb of the day for once I wasn’t cursing trail sanitisers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garburn Pass – update’ is closed to new replies.