Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Garage "foam" flooring.
  • Rochey
    Free Member

Hi all

I’m looking to cover approx 10sq meters, don’t want to spend loads but thought I would ask here before I go the high street.

So can anyone recommend a shop to buy from, currently living in Milton Keynes so close would be great.

Thanks all

allthepies
    Free Member

Maplin (!!) do these

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/interlocking-cushioned-floor-mats-n83cx

No experience of using them however.

andyl
    Free Member

I think costco works out at just over £3 per sq. metre + vat.

CHB

Costco.

tomhughes46

Machine Mart? We have some at work, and I bought some for the shed. Seems ok thus far.

I think the Rolson stuff from Halfords MIGHT?? be the same?

footflaps

I think costco works out at just over £3 per sq. metre + vat.

That is cheap!

stuey
    Free Member

Yup MK costco much cheapness- but don’t ‘knock a crown race off’ against it unless you want little grey foam cookies 🙂

Teapot
    Free Member

Costco MK, about £14 a pack with VAT if I remember rightly. I did my garage and shed with 3 packs.

wiggles
    Free Member

Mmmmmm foam cookies

hammyuk
    Free Member

eBay – did my garage which is 6.5 x 5.5m for £120

coffeeking
    Free Member

Looks like a nice idea but I like to jack cars up and use machine tools on the floor of my garage, pretty sure I’d end up either crushed under a collapsed jack or chewing up bits if I used it. But I’d have a nice warm back while I died 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

sounds like you want racedeck then coffeeking – youll spit feathers at the price though.

personally – ill be using ceramic tiles in the workshop and my floormat/creaper for working on the car

foam floors are for gyms and storage garages – not workshops.

19ninety
    Free Member

You didn’t say what the use will be?

Costco for harder foam floor covering.
    EBay often has thicker EVA stable matting a lot cheaper than the stable flooring companies sell it. Great for working out on.

Rochey
    Free Member

Thanks all.

The flooring is only for my shed and nothing else, I just wasn’t it got making it a bit nicer under foot.

trail_rat
    Free Member

foam flooring is also good for tool box organisation.

cut to size – then cut your tool shaddows into it

andyl
    Free Member

Just bringing this up again as I bought some for my new 16×10 workshop today. Works out at just over £10 for one pack which covers 32 sq ft. Looks like it’s the same stuff as the Maplin link.

hot_fiat

+many for Costco. Mine is lining the floor of the little ones play pen.

They also do a specific garage liner but it’s quite a bit more expensive.

granny_ring

andyl, was that the cosco stuff?

winston
    Free Member

That foam matting is pretty rubbish for anything other than hot fiat is using it for or perhaps a gym room

I used it in part of my garage but even a bike workstand loaded with a bike cuts through it in a couple of weeks plus it gets really dirty and you can’t clean it, and any solvents just eat it away

There is a reason its cheap

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

In my new garage which is where the motorbikes live and bicycles are worked on, I went for a roll of grey vinyl flooring which I stuck down on the concrete floor, with some 1.2mm black matting where the bikes sit. Not too expensive and works a treat.

andyl
    Free Member

granny_ring – yeah it’t the costco stuff.

Am having 2nd thoughts about it today though.

I’ve bought 4 packs as I will have some racking and benches that won’t be able to go on it and I figured when I bring in other heavy kit I can lift up the odd tile as they just interlock but I am wondering if it is too squishy and is going to be too fragile. Possibly okay as a strip infront of my work bench but wondering if I should have gone for something tougher like you put in cow sheds or even just some lino.

pondo

Is this just a foot comfort thing? Never thought of it before – ours is just painted concrete.

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve got rough sawn timber planks on the floor I need to cover so it’s easier to clean and so no small parts get lost.

BigDug has some much tougher interlocking flooring that can be used under a car, trolley jack etc which is £4.45 per 0.5×0.5m tile which is pretty good but still more than some cheap vinyl which I suspect will be easier to clean.

The benefit of the foam was it would even out any ridges in the floor better than a thin vinyl or rigid tiles.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Garage "foam" flooring.’ is closed to new replies.