Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 699 total)
  • Game of Thrones – Of course it has Spoilers
  • zilog6128

I think Daenerys is too self-absorbed to suspect the truth about John. I mean, she’d love it if he were some kind of minor Targaryen (what with the whole historic incest thing) but how will she react when she finds out he outranks her? Hopefully not well!! 😀

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

I enjoyed the Princess Bride reference.

arrpee
    Free Member

I enjoyed the Princess Bride reference.

I missed that; what was it?

I totally got pulled out of the moment by pondering the practicalities of bareback dragon-riding. I mean, quite apart from the difficulty of holding on, you’d be hypothermic in minutes. They could be doing with some goggles too.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I think Daenerys is too self-absorbed to suspect the truth about John. I mean, she’d love it if he were some kind of minor Targaryen (what with the whole historic incest thing) but how will she react when she finds out he outranks her? Hopefully not well!! 😀

They’ve certainly signposted a fall out between Danny and John, or whatever his real name is.

I think everyone saw that killing Dickon and his Dad was going to come back to bite her and she’s certainly showed none of her previous empty for the ‘common man’ when she bluntly told Sam he’d killed his Dad and Brother. No explanation other than they didn’t ‘bend the knee’.

She might turn out to be as mad as her Dad.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

I missed that; what was it?

When Ayra was talking to the blacksmith about her weapon etc… he responded ‘As you wish’ just like Wesley.

arrpee
    Free Member

When Ayra was talking to the blacksmith about her weapon etc… he responded ‘As you wish’ just like Wesley

Ah, hopefully they’ll do a new one every episode, getting steadily more blatant each time. Shame Wun-Wun isn’t still around to announce that he can only do the doggy-paddle.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Never get involved in a land war in Asshai?

hols2
    Free Member

Tormund was excellent, the rest of episode 2 was boring.

tthew

Agreed. Best bit was that crackpot story about how he got his name, followed by pouring beer all down his front.

Can’t imagine how Brianne can get on her knees for Jamie’s Valerian Steel sword but not Tormunds pork one. 😂

Haze

Still building…Tormund bits were excellent, also Jon dropping the news on Dany…looks like it could kick off next episode…

zilog6128

Next weeks had better be really **** good

donks
    Free Member

end scene …. SPOILER of sort…. shows the walker generals but no night king.. hmmm.. me thinks he’s flying down to Kings Landing to flame everyone and then resurrect them all for when his northern army get beaten in next weeks big rumble. This should make an interesting show down when danny and John march down there to take the throne only to find the night king and a tonne of new undead plus cercei (also undead). Reckon this may end with young Aiya killing the night king with her new fangled spear thing that she has had specially made. still no clue on who gets the throne mind.

anagallis_arvensis

Aaya and the black smith chappies kid!!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, but even I think there needs to be a major rumble next week!

The Arya sex scene was a bit of a shock, but I guess she’s not a kid anymore.

If I had to pick, I reckon it’s Jon who gets the throne, or the night king.

jimdubleyou

Lots of plot building.

Ep3 has been trailed as the massive battle for a while now.

martinhutch

Can’t wait for undead Ned Stark to create havoc in the crypt!

Drac

Dear me more standing around on battlements playing catch up with mates, this is why never got the hype of GOT.

plus-one

Aye I’m just wanting carnage now 2 filler episodes is plenty !!

mashr

Ep3 has been trailed as the massive battle for a while now.

First of the feature length ones, so always likely to have plenty going on

arrpee
    Free Member

Y’all have the patience of a bunch of mewling toddlers. I’m enjoying the slow burn settling of accounts before the big rumble. Shame the quality of the dialogue can’t always keep up.

Right then: time to play Spot the Stiff. Who gets it next week? My money’s on:

1. The newly knighted Ser Brienne. By getting knighted, especially by Jaime, she’s got pretty much all she wanted, thus bringing her character arc to an end.

2. Tormund. Likely to go down swinging beside Brienne.

3. Podrick Payne. Less sure about this one, but becomes a bit redundant when Brienne gets it.

4. Theon. Again, feels like he’s reached the end of his character arc by returning to fight for Winterfell and saving Yara last week. I predict death by Night King.

5. Saddest of all for me: Dolorous Ed. I reckon it’s the end of the road for the smart-arse everyman.

6. Beric Dondarrion. The Hound’s reference to Thoros’s absence seems a bit of a Chekov’s Gun.

I’m not putting her on the list, but I also worry a bit for Arya.

theotherjonv

watching Arya getting her hands on the blacksmith’s tool made me feel queasy. She’s like our little sister!

MOTM – Tormund, again.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

So awesome. Great episode. It’s gonna be Gendry chasing Arya round the crypt i reckons.

theotherjonv

Which one is Ser Woy?

Wor-hamm-er. Wormer!

Bunch of pricks.

FuzzyWuzzy

Happy enough with ep2, OK not a lot actually happened but the story line still developed a fair bit and Tormund’s scenes were great. Could have maybe done with a major character being killed off whilst off scouting or something but certainly didn’t need a big battle, that’s for next week.

martinhutch

time to play Spot the Stiff. Who gets it next week?

I think you’re right about Theon, sadly. His final redemption, saving Sansa again, or more likely Bran.

I reckon Ser Jorah’s time has come. He’s a bit of a spare part these days. As is Ser Davos, and Varys.

Plus hopefully annoying Greyworm and his missus.

Let the Helm’s Deep tribute act begin!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Great episode, building nicely for the battle by bringing a few story lines some closure.

I like a bit of action too, but some of you lots patience is mind boglingly thin

swavis

Dany didn’t seem to take it to well did she? I predict a riot 😀

I also thought it was a great episode. Jeez, back in the first few seasons we’d have to wait until episode nine for it to kick off!! 😆

Drac

I like a bit of action too, but some of you lots patience is mind boglingly thin

2 hours now of people wandering around a castle.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Of course, the safest place in Winterfell is the crypts.

I always find that it’s best to hide from a guy who can raise  the dead in an enclosed space full of corpses with swords.

chestrockwell

My wife has long thought Arya and Gendry were destined to get together and rule ever since Robert told Ned in the first series that his son would mary Ned’ daughter (Sansa and Jofery, obvs).

Agree with the big woman going down in a blaze of glory along with plenty of those around her, possibly to include Jamie.

Hadn’t put two and two together regarding Arya’s spear thing. It’s going to down the undead dragon, ain’t it?

AlexSimon

2 hours now of people wandering around a castle.

I know – it’s superb!

AlexSimon

They were playing up the tension between Deny and the others – especially the “I’m only here because Jon” bit). It would be a good twist if she’d left with her dragons by the time the battle starts.

martinhutch

They are making sure how much the viewer has invested in all these characters before they start killing them. I’ve loved both of the episodes so far, particularly the last one, but I can see how the instant gratification crew might want a bit more.

What it does mean is that the budget for the remaining four episodes is epic!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hadn’t put two and two together regarding Arya’s spear thing. It’s going to down the undead dragon, ain’t it?

More likely that she’s setting herself up for a stealth suicide mission  to off the Night King.

A girl would like to kill the walking embodiment of a god of death.

swavis

I still want Arya to kill Cersei though and leave the way for Jon to claim the throne, that’s what I’d like to see happen, however this is Game of Thrones and I just don’t see it being a happy ending.

CheesybeanZ

the instant gratification crew might want a bit more

I signed up for boobs bums and dragons not this sitting around yapping malarkey 😁🐲🐲

jam-bo

the instant gratification crew might want a bit more

this is the first series I’ve had to wait a week for the next one. i’m finding it difficult…

perchypanther
    Free Member

What it does mean is that the budget for the remaining four episodes is epic!

What it also means is that, after the big battle between the living and the dead in Episode 3 there are still three more episodes to fill so either the first battle is inconclusive and there needs to be a second, bigger battle or the living win and there needs to be a less exciting battle against the Golden Company to decide the fate of the Iron Throne

Either way, expect one more fight and lots more talking in castles.

zilog6128

I think they will win at Winterfell but with heavy losses. Quite like the theory that the Night King won’t even be there. I don’t think he’ll be defeated in a pitched battle, it’ll be something else.

arrpee
    Free Member

I always find that it’s best to hide from a guy who can raise  the dead in an enclosed space full of corpses with swords.

Oh man, you’re right. It’s going to go full Jason-and-the-Argonauts, isn’t it?

I reckon Jaime’s going to get through this one, as he’s got storylines to tie up with Bron and Cersei.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 699 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones – Of course it has Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.