Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 699 total)
  • Game of Thrones – Of course it has Spoilers
  • hols2
    Free Member

Theon. Again, feels like he’s reached the end of his character arc by returning to fight for Winterfell and saving Yara last week. I predict death by Night King.

So if Theon gets zombified by the Night King, does his dismembered member also get raised from the dead? Might be a bit of a surprise for his sister if she still has that box sitting around somewhere.

oikeith

2 hours now of people wandering around a castle.

Sky have next weeks starting at 0200 and the next show starting at 0335, Id say with adverts should prob be 70mins of action-ish

It is intriguing, there will be a winner of the battle of winterfell, regardless of who wins though, they are then going south, I did wonder as you didnt see the night king line up at the end of this week if maybe he’s not sent all his army to winterfell and is off doing something else too, he has the man power for it!

Drac

The opening credits give you an idea of where his army is or has been.

zilog6128

The running time of all the eps have been revealed already. 82 mins for ep 3 apparently (the longest of the season).

jam-bo

I did wonder as you didnt see the night king line up

he’s got a dragon. why would he line up with all the plebs on horses…

swavis

Whatever happens next week I can’t see them all being wiped out, that would basically leave Cersei, Bron, the Mountain and Euron in the series, that’s gonna be a bit boring so I reckon a fair few will escape the carnage.

Maybe there won’t actually be a battle scene next week and it’ll all be scene setting down at Kings Landing with Cersei walking the battlements, people would lose their shit if that happened 😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

There is quite a bit on reddit about the trailers for season 8 giving away a little about what will happen with the battle / aftermath

zilog6128

this is why I never watch trailers!!! We’ve been waiting 2 years for this, why would you want to spoil it for yourself?!

mahalo

nice, just heard that the rest of the episodes will be an extra 20mins long!

FuzzyWuzzy

he’s got a dragon. why would he line up with all the plebs on horses…

That’s a fair point, although I still think they’d have included him somehow if it wasn’t significant for him not to appear in the scene.

So maybe he’s gone south to obliterate then raise Cersei’s army, meanwhile the living barely win the battle of Winterfell (by slaying the white walkers to take out most of the wight horde) then we have another big battle with the Night King + his wights vs remaining living (would seem a bit unbalanced without another factor in it though like Arya killing the Night King)

hols2
    Free Member

I still think they’d have included him somehow if it wasn’t significant for him not to appear in the scene.

He’s probably not stupid enough to go for such an obvious trap.

stevied
    Free Member

So maybe he’s gone south to obliterate then raise Cersei’s army

How does he know she’s raised an army? Surely they’re just walking at a very slow pace killing & turning everything in their way?
    I reckon the battle for Winterfell will be lost by the living and the survivors will regroup @ KL where a dead Jamie will kill Cersie with his icy sword 😉

mashr

Surely they’re just walking at a very slow pace killing & turning everything in their way?

Walker pace varies greatly depending on how they need to move the story along. See also Daenerys using fast ferries to get the army across the sea.

tthew

As the dead are only really animated in the depths of a decent frost, I don’t know why they don’t just whack the heating up to maximum and close the front gates.

hols2
    Free Member

How does he know she’s raised an army? Surely they’re just walking at a very slow pace killing & turning everything in their way?

Surely he knows everything that any of his victims knew when they died. Lord Umber was at the meeting when the human defense plans were discussed. Also, it’s a fantasy story with characters with magical powers so he can know anything the writers decide they want him to know. They can explain it all away as because magic.

Drac

Does he not have Greensight I thought that had been hinted a few times.

coomber
    Free Member

mashr

Walker pace varies greatly depending on how they need to move the story along. See also Daenerys using fast ferries to get the army across the sea.

This. 100 x this.

Also apparent since the source material was left behind how speed of travel has accelerated as they wrap things up.

richardkennerley

Someone has just said to me that when it panned back up from the white walkers in the final scene, they were actually outside kings landing. I don’t remember thinking this, but as I’m at work until 8pm, I can’t check it!

They were outside winterfell weren’t they!?

perchypanther
    Free Member

The most interesting bit of ep 2 for me was the conversation that Tyrion insisted on having with Bran. The one that we only heard the start of to avoid spoilers

Up till now everyone else has just dismissed Bran as being a bit weird. “Errr…three eyed raven? I don’t know what that is?”

Tyrion is the first one to sit him down and have an actual conversation with him which, given that Bran can see everything that is or has happened, might turn out to useful.

Maybe.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

“I’d knight you ten times over”

jimdubleyou

Someone has just said to me that when it panned back up from the white walkers in the final scene, they were actually outside kings landing. I don’t remember thinking this, but as I’m at work until 8pm, I can’t check it!

They were outside winterfell weren’t they!?

Unless there’s a bunch of snow on the ground at Kings Landing, I think it’s probably Winterfell. Also, Torsten etc said they had sprinted round the army to get to Winterfell from wherever they were in the first ep.

It took the fat king a month to get from Kings Landing to Winterfell in series 1. I suspect even the writers would see that teleportation being a step too far…

martinhutch

To get to Kings Landing they’d also have to get past the Frey bridge as well given that the wights aren’t fond of a dip. So just having them turn up at the gates would be ridiculous.

perchypanther
    Free Member

To get to Kings Landing they’d also have to get past the Frey bridge as well given that the wights aren’t fond of a dip. So just having them turn up at the gates would be ridiculous.

Not according to any map I’ve ever seen.

Also it was snowing just outside Kings Landing when Jaime left.

hols2
    Free Member

So just having them turn up at the gates would be ridiculous.

Like Jon Snow’s resurrection level of ridiculous, Arya Stark’s escape from the assassin’s guild level, Euron Greyjoy building a fleet of ships in two days on an island with no trees level…?

colournoise

EDIT. Ignore.

mashr

Like Jon Snow’s resurrection level of ridiculous

1 resurrection? Those are rookie numbers

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

I reckon they lose Winterfell – the survivors then head south for a final stand at King’s Landing.

richardkennerley

She’s just got back to me and said she was taking nonsense, no doubt it’s winterfell!

We doing a “death pool” at work. £5 in, predict who lives/dies at the end of the last episode, most correct points takes the pot.

colournoise

richardkennerley
    Subscriber
    She’s just got back to me and said she was taking nonsense, no doubt it’s winterfell!

Confirmed by the battle scenes in the episode 3 trailer too.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

lose Winterfell – the survivors then head south for a final stand at King’s Landing.

Yup, thus lining up a three way rumble for the final round of fisticuffs (featuring Cleganebowl and Lannister vs Lannister).

chestrockwell

As above, the Twins crossing was the best place to cross for Rob, not the only one.

AlexSimon

Can people not mention things in trailers please. I’d like to read and discuss what we’ve seen, but not if people have more information than me.

We doing a “death pool” at work. £5 in, predict who lives/dies at the end of the last episode, most correct points takes the pot.

The smart bet would have everyone dead surely?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Drac – they’re bringing 8 years of story arcs together, it takes some telling! And it’s been brilliantly handled so far, particularly the coming together of former enemies.

It’s Ep2, and THE battle is literally arriving now, it’s intriguing to see what will unravel over the following weeks, no?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Steve agrees…

Drac

Well if anyone knows how to drag a story IT is Stephen King.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

His books look positively slim compared to George’s.

mrb123
    Free Member

Surely the Red Woman still has a role to play in all this.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

She mentioned to Varys before that they would die down the line

slackalice
    Free Member

Well… watched ep2 last night and feel the pace and build up is perfect. Those of you spoiling for a fight, be careful what you wish for methinks, the battle for Winterfell could go for at least one, possibly two episodes. It’s not going to be pretty.

As with Endgame, I’m avoiding any and all references/trailers to GoT on the internet (apart from this thread and only after I’ve watched the latest episode!), the suspense and anticipation is all part of the show for me 😃

As for predictions or guessing, since binge watching all 7 series a year ago, the one thing I’ve found with GoT is not to get attached to any of the characters, ‘cos they’re likely to die!

I also figure that from the look between Danny and Jon/Aegon on the battlements at the end of ep2, that perhaps Danny really is in love with him and let’s face it, incestual relationships between Targaryen’s is completely normal and cousins…? That makes them positively distant relations!

FuzzyWuzzy

and cousins…?

Aunt and Nephew but yeah not such a shocking thing in the GoT world

As for the Red Woman/army I figure they’ll show up near the end of ep3, not to save the day but to buy time for some of the characters to escape.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 699 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones – Of course it has Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.