Viewing 16 posts - 161 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • Future Publishing pull PX bike because they aren't buying adverts?
  • si-wilson
    Free Member

Matt, I’m sorry if it looked like i was lumping in STW with that statement, STW have been VERY supportive of Progressive Bikes which i appreciate and have never once insisted on me advertising with you, even though i have done so in the past 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    This is demonstrably cobblers, I’ve already given examples with numbers earlier in the thread which prove it’s not true.

No. You haven’t.
    It’s also worth mentioning that you’re a moderator on bikeradar (Future publishings website).

imnotverygood

YES Northwind. I demand you tell us how much you get paid to moderate on Bike Radar. I bet you allow more latitude to people who buy their mags.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s very fair to say that he’s not impartial, do you disagree?

Northwind

wrecker – Member

No. You haven’t.

Yes, I have. Despite the whining, On One have had a lot of (good) reviews in WMB and MBUK. How many adverts did they have to place to earn all those reviews?

Oh- Titus review in this month, that’s the 3rd since PX took them over I think… Must be the ads.

Aye, I’m a mod on Bikeradar, do you think I’m an employee or something? 😆 I was asked to mod there because I use the forum a lot and I’m not a bellend. In return I get, er, nothing. Why on earth would you think that makes me less impartial?

If this was less ridiculous I might be offended. But some people just like to imagine conspiracies I guess. Who else is in it?

wrecker
    Free Member

Yes, I have. Despite the whining, On One have had a lot of (good) reviews in WMB and MBUK. How many adverts did they have to place to earn all those reviews?

Oh- Titus review in this month, that’s the 3rd since PX took them over I think… Must be the ads.

And still haven’t addressed the accusation. RTFP.

If this was less ridiculous I might be offended. But some people just like to imagine conspiracies I guess. Who else is in it?

Just you sunshine. Just you.

Northwind

Aye, you’re absolutely right, “the products Future test are not necessarily the best on the market, but the best available from their advertisers”. Except from all the ones that aren’t.

But that’ll just be me being corrupt I’m sure. You are some piece of work…

wrecker
    Free Member

You are some piece of work…

LOL that’s the funniest “insult” ive ever had.
    The hard man stuff doesn’t suit you At all

Northwind

What hard man stuff? Just so you know, the thread in your head doesn’t seem to be the same as the one on the screen.

dave_h
    Free Member

Haven’t read the whole thread so some/all of this may have already been said.

Refusing to review a bike doesn’t necessarily mean a test result is biased, just that the products tested doesn’t necessarily cover the whole market. This is a conversation point covered by this very magazine recently with their lights test.

However, it would seem likely that there’d be no such thing as a ‘bad review’. Advertising may not alter the winner but could taint the opinion of the loser.

My opinion is to treat everything you ever read with a pinch of salt. Don’t just look at what’s being said but always consider why it’s being said and what hasn’t been said. That goes for everything in life.

wrecker
    Free Member

And you’ve clearly not read the thread.

On One have had a lot of (good) reviews in WMB and MBUK

I have not questioned the impartiality of the reviews.

How many adverts did they have to place to earn all those reviews

Again, I’ve not suggested that they don’t review products from non-advertising companies. What is in question is how they select the products, as druidh points out above

All of your points have been answered before you even asked them, but you still asked.

ashfanman
    Free Member

🙄

Surely now only a matter of time before someone mentions Hitler. (Godwin’s Law.)

wrecker
    Free Member

Thanks for your input 🙄

Northwind

wrecker – Member

Everyone just needs to know that the products Future test are not necessarily the best on the market, but the best available from their advertisers

Pick up this issue of MBUK, discover you are wrong, move on.

Now I appreciate you’ve tried to distance yourself from this post in later comments, but this is what you said, and as I said, it’s cobblers.

wrecker
    Free Member

There’s a word in there; necessarily. I think you missed it.
    Put the comic down, let go of doddys hand and move on.

compositepro
    Free Member

It’s all opinion innit the storys that fly around in any industry border on laughable.

Viewing 16 posts - 161 through 176 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Future Publishing pull PX bike because they aren't buying adverts?’ is closed to new replies.