Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • fun evening ahead . . .
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

just me, new bearings, to fit in a cup and cone hub and a bottle of red – what could go wrong . . .

I’ve not had to change bearings for years and am a little miffed I am having to do so in my inbred after a year. Ihave done a few miles on it but still seems soon :-/

legend
    Free Member

It’s been a long time, but that’s a 15min job rather than an evening isn’t it?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

yes, but also doing other bits and bobs (cassette, chain gears cables etc) just miffed about the bearings

igm

With loose bearings? Depends how much of the wine you have before you start fitting the new bearings.

joat

I can’t tell you how many bearings there are, but I can tell you to count them all out, and count them all back in again. (Apologies to the late great Brian Hanrahan)

adjustablewench
    Free Member

ha ha – could become a bit of comedy genius – luckily there will be no one to laugh!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Depending on the quality of the original components, the terrain you ride in, and how diligent you are about keeping the pre-load spot on, a year is about the maximum I’d expect.

I hope you’ve bought decent (at least Grade 100) bearings, not those cycle shop Weldite Grade 1,000,000 (exaggeration for comic effect) jobbies?

montylikesbeer

Bearingontheendofthefingercoveredingreasetastic !! Nuff said

adjustablewench
    Free Member

ok maybe I did just grab some weldtite one on the way home . . . . will change them now and then moan again when they dont last 🙂

Did consider changing hubs . . . I was daydreaming over some lovely pink ones the other day (to match my headset) – – but then went and put a deposit on a criox de fer instead. . . .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘fun evening ahead . . .’ is closed to new replies.