Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Full Sus Frames
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Mildred – when you said commute I assumed road.. of course off-road commutes could benefit from an MTB, but you're lucky if you are commuting off-road really.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Don't rank Santa Cruz as mainstream along with Trek, Giant etc – they are a fraction of the size and I have never seen another out on the trail. Build a Blur LT2 up nicely and you will have the best all round bike there is, a hoot to ride, and pretty indestructible. I'm like you on being proud about my ride, and I look after it, but use it a lot

pastcaring
    Free Member

+1 for turner from crc/merlin.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have never seen another out on the trail.

I've seen loads!

Build a Blur LT2 up nicely and you will have the best all round bike there is

Oh right, I always wondered what the single best bike was! 🙄

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Haha, there's no need to get shirty with each other!!!

As unproven as it is I really am struggling to push the RM from the back of my mind!!!!!

The 5 spot seems quite good, although there appear to have been some problems with the supply from Silver Fish in the UK recently… (If other forums are to be believed).

Although the Nicolai is a strong contender, but no reductions – so can't help think the RM is a better deal…

So many options, so much choice! If only I could find somewhere where I could test ride one of the bikes without travelling the length or breadth of the country!

DezB
    Free Member

Zesty do look good – but again… just don't have that 'X' factor!

You should see them in the flesh. Blimmin' gorgeous.

I'd recommend getting a demo on whatever you want to buy. I've had 2 RM full sus bikes, one was fab (Instinct), one was very average (ETS-X).

You can't go wrong with a Turner DW-Link, if that's on your list.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

I have read that after comparison to the ETS-X, the Altitude is streets ahead… But I haven't read an ETS-X either so it's kinda meaningless to me!!!!

The thing that really hooked me is the huuge discount and carbon frame. The frame would make me giddy just thinking about it!

prettygreenparrot

if you're after FS I'd also go with buying a full bike unless you're buying a used frame/shock set up. I'd be persuaded to have a go on Orange 5 and SC Heckler first.

Otherwise, a LT HT sounds like fun.

Riding FS 12 miles to work & back mainly on roads is OK, but a hardtail or fully rigid gets it done in much less time with lots less effort as I found out. And FS carries hefty service costs on the shocks.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

I don't ride on the road, probably about a quarter of what I do is on the road, with a significant proportion of it is off road, on fire tracks. There is about 10 minutes worth on some proper off road that shakes my bones on my way home at speed (Uphill on the way there, down hill on the way back.) If I was commuting on the road I'd be getting a 29er or road bike.

mildred

You can get them reduced:

http://www.nicolai-uk.com/index.php/category/special-offers/

Here's my old helius FR:

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Well the CR90 is all sold out.

Oh well, I'm gonna do some more saving and ride what I got until it starts falling apart again!

Cheers for all the help though guys.

Dom

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Full Sus Frames’ is closed to new replies.