Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • fsa 386 gxp cranks in a scott 949 bb92 frame?
  • cruzer
    Free Member

Ive managed to get hold of a 949 frame (which im rather excited about in all honesty :D) however it comes with a ceramic bb92 bottom bracket, which i dont really want to have to replace. So the question is, if i use the hope gxp adaptors with the bottom bracket will this allow me to run my fsa 386 cranks?

Otherwise its looking like ill be selling them and getting some xtrs 8)

schmiken

Go with the XTRs.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Are the 386’s mega ex (they’ll plug straight in) or bb30 (no chance)?

cruzer
    Free Member

these ones

Im pretty sure there gxp, same as sram, which means they wont fit the shimano bb. Slightly reluctent to get rid of the fsa’s as there alot lighter than the xtrs and one of the stiffest cranks ive used.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Im pretty certain they’re not.
    Mega Exo and ht2 are for all intents and purposes the same (the axles are a tiny bit different in diameter).

cruzer
    Free Member

Thats the problem, the slight difference in diameter will ruin the bearings, spindle and frame rather quickly :-\ . Hense the question will the hope gxp adaptirs solve my problem?

Rorschach
    Free Member

No it won’t.
    Well it has’nt on the scores of bikes with mega exo cranks (including my cx bike infront of me) that I’ve fitted ht2 bb’s to in the last 12 years I’ve been a professional mechanic 😕
    The difference is like <0.1mm!!
    Gxp is a completely different thing

cruzer
    Free Member

I stand corrected, thanks 🙂 youve just saved me some money haha

schmiken

Looking at the CRC site, it has a 24mm axle which is the same as Shimano, so it will just fit straight in. No worries.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I only got marginally arsey aswell.WIN. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘fsa 386 gxp cranks in a scott 949 bb92 frame?’ is closed to new replies.