Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Show me your….. Giant Trance
  • aluhrs
    Free Member

Hi Everyone,

Here’s mine now lets see yours 😛

[/url] DSC_0316 by AlexLuhrs, on Flickr[/img]

[/url] DSC_0311 by AlexLuhrs, on Flickr[/img]

DSC_0319 by AlexLuhrs, on Flickr

Holyzeus
    Free Member

winrya
    Free Member

Olly
    Free Member

neither none of them are trances!

tsk.

im am however struggling to find a picture of my genuine actual Trance.

Olly
    Free Member

closest to a whole bike shot I can find I’m afraid.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

2007 vintage with 130 forks although I’ve also used 140 forks on it. bloody brilliant bike which could handle a hell of a lot. Unfortunately its a frame only at the moment and in my attic. but no i’m not selling! will replace bearings and rebuild it one day. love it.

Olly
    Free Member

nice mr dirt biker.

trying to find a 14″ trance (or anthem) for Er’ Indoors, but cant find one for love nor money.
    if your ever strapped for cash, drop me a line 🙂

(that size frame, would make a sick 4X bike too 🙂

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

That one is a 16″ I’m afraid – the low saddle makes things seem different.

And it has ridden redhill 4x track although i didn’t try the large triple there as its still in theory an xc frame and don’t want to push it too far! Ripped it up though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

In various guises:

tomaso
    Free Member

I like Trances right up to the point I notice how long the head tube is on the larger frames. However the new ones with the straight crossbar seem to have much shorter head tubes and IMO look better.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The current version has a stubbier, tapered headtube which looks a bit better, is probably stronger and makes sourcing used forks a bit easier!

robhughes
    Free Member

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

2012 frame here. New head tube and straight top tube.

landcruiser
    Free Member

An oldie.

Still got it though !

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Olly – Member

tsk.

Elaborate please

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

He means they are all Trance X not the original Trance frames. It was a shorter travel frame that came before the Trance X.

robhughes
    Free Member

Who would want a trance when you can have a trance X. 😆

nwill1
    Free Member

Tell me about these trance x’s – I’m starting to think about full suss. I ride a 4x play bike for everythink but do lots of mini DH & trail centers. How are these for all Round leaning towards heavy stuff? Particularly like rob Hughes with the pikes!

scaredypants
    Kit
    Free Member

My mate’s just had a baby and doesn’t post on here as much as he used to, so I’m sure he won’t mind me showing off his (other) pride and joy 🙂

P1010653 by Mars 2003, on Flickr

Sonor
    Free Member

An oldie.

Oldie? Pah! 😉

This is old: 2005 Trance2, little bit different now to the pic(130mm forks), but still being ridden.

Trance by uponthedowns, on Flickr

oink
    Free Member

trance x advanced sl 0 custom – sub 25lbs with a 150 fork and dropper post 😉

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Who would want a trance when you can have a trance X.

sounds like you’ve never ridden a proper trance!

Holyzeus
    Free Member

MoseyMTB – Member

He means they are all Trance X not the original Trance frames. It was a shorter travel frame that came before the Trance X.
    Ah….

Olly – Member

tsk.

im am however struggling to find a picture of my genuine actual Trance.

Pedantic ****

Olly
    Free Member

pedantic indeed 🙂

nwill1, The giants all use the same type of linkage, which while being a little complicated (10 bearings to look after on mine 🙁 ) it does work incredibly well.
    they all climb excellently, the suspension ecomes more pert when pedalling, but is raaather plush on descents.
    copes with hits as well as any bike, but copes with buzz and general roughness better than most ive ridden.

as for which one, they are all the same, with travel increments increasing in inches, and as the travel gets longer, they get slacker and a bit stronger (though none of them are heavy, the big ones can be built obscenely light for what they are.

current range, iirc

Anthem X: 100mm XC (replaced the original Trance, which was slightly more trail orientated)

Trance X, 5″
    Reign : 6″
    Reign X: 7″
    Glory, 8″ (replaced by the faith) freeridey
    Glory DH 8″ DH

Pick your travel pretty much!

I know a few people who want a “big bike that can go uphill” as one bike to rule them all.
    ie: still be “rideable” but be capable of playing around on DH tracks, and rideable in the Alps etc etc

Reign X seems to be the weapon of choice

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bike-finder/men/offroad/?level=performance

caledonia
    Free Member

05/06 Trance 4
    Until very recently my only mountain bike for the last 5/6 years.
    So ridden regularly, still a cracking bike !

[Edit: Yes I know the Crud guard is upside down]

jules.b
    Free Member

Here’s mine:

Holyzeus
    Free Member

nwill1 – Member

Tell me about these trance x’s – I’m starting to think about full suss. I ride a 4x play bike for everythink but do lots of mini DH & trail centers. How are these for all Round leaning towards heavy stuff? Particularly like rob Hughes with the pikes!

As Olly says, awesome bikes.
    They also take a 140mm fork very well

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I got a frame for £400 when Giant were clearing out the first ones in 2006. It was a horrible blue, so I got it painted and gave it to my arty mate to doodle over before getting it clearcoated.
    It’s now got 120mm Rebas and has had the shock fettled by Pace. It’s great downhill. It’s a bit flexy and heavy compared to newer bikes, but still pedals well.
    Some have questioned my colour choice, but it looks great when plastered in mud!

robhughes
    Free Member

nwill1
    I know of a couple of guys who’ve stuck pikes on there trance X.Dual air u-turn to keep the weight down.They are the best fork by far on these bikes.
    You end up with a very agile bike with an extremely stiff front end.710mm easton havocs and a 70mm x4 now and it,s perfect.
    Absolutely love mine as it,s so good to ride.Prefer it over my spicy if i,m honest.
    dirtbiker100

(sounds like you’ve never ridden a proper trance! )
    Do you mean the 100mm one.?
    Prefer a bit more travel out back hence the trance X.

atlaz
    Free Member

bikewhisperer – nice paint job

This is my old one. Sold 18 months back when the Dune arrived. Great bike, cost me about 700 quid to build up, sold for 550 and 2 years riding. Great fun.

flipiddy
    Free Member

bikewhisperer – that is awesome. Lovely bike!

robhughes
    Free Member

Rather like the look of these two 😉

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Sold this one a few months ago (and shouldn’t have done so):

The one I owned beforehand:

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Show me your….. Giant Trance’ is closed to new replies.