Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • FSA Mega-exo Cranks. Do you need to use FSA BBs?
  • fbk
    Free Member

Ok, I've had a search for this but can't find anything.

Last time I went to replace the BB on my Mega-exo cranks, I was told I couldn't use 3rd party ones (Hope etc) as the spacing was specific to the crank and not standard (shimano) compatible.

Does anyone know if this is true I'm getting a bit p'd off with the crap longevity of the FSA ones.

Ta 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Wondered when you'd post it 😉 Hope you get some answers matey 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

im running an fsa mega-exo carbon crank with shimano xt bb and i presume it would be the same as the none carbon ones in design and work fine

soma_rich
    Free Member

No FSA Mega-Exo is the same as Shimano HT2 the best one I tried was SuperStar normal BB…..

ransos
    Free Member

I have a Superstar BB in my V-drive Mega exo. Fits fine.

younggeoff

run dura ace BB with fsa cranks on my roadie bike, have ran XTR and XT with the girlfriends FSA's on her MTB with no problems. The new FSA bb's have additional seals, we'll see how it gets on :0)

fbk
    Free Member

Great stuff – thanks for the replies. It confirms my suspiscions that I was being told porkies 🙂

mick – tiz a carbon crank

Now then, which one to replace it with….

knott4me
    Free Member

acros bottom brackets are exellent.

GlenMore
    Free Member

Truvativ are the "non-compatible" ones.

Candodavid
    Free Member

King on mine…..works amazing

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

FSA Mga-Exo is the same as other HT2 setups.

FSA Gamma-Drive uses a smaller diameter axle & larger Q factor so wont fit. These are el cheapo cranks anyway so tbh, you'd be better of buying new cranks than rinsing £60 on a decent BB for them.

J

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘FSA Mega-exo Cranks. Do you need to use FSA BBs?’ is closed to new replies.