Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Frustrated, Norco/Evans Cycles content
  • colster808
    Free Member

Right then. Thanks to this thread being put onto Evan’s Facebook page Kirsty from Evans contacted me after chasing the order and finding out what the delay was. It’s down to Norco only wanting to bulk ship orders and this is their next shipping date. Annoying buy at least I know the score and I know the correct parts are on their way. She also gave me a £25 gift voucher as an apology for all the crossed wires and lack of info.

So I’ll post again when the parts turn up and hope that my bearing holds in the meantime.

Thanks to all those who tried to help and too PJM for sticking it on their Facebook page. 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Sorry but that’s a shit excuse and really not your issue. They should be looking to through Norco an extra few ££ to get it shipped over on its own, the only reason Norco aren’t doing that is to save a little money.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well the OP isn’t the original purchaser so they’re not really under any compulsion to get anything for him.

I am sympathetic, but this type of crap is part of the joys of buying secondhand (which I also do myself).

Hope it works out for anyway OP.

legend
    Free Member

chakaping – Member
    Well the OP isn’t the original purchaser so they’re not really under any compulsion to get anything for him.

Oh aye, might have forgotten about that bit

gazzol
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

If it was your bike companys name that was being slagged off for utter SHITE customer care would that not be compulsion enough? It would bother me if it were mine!

psycorp
    Free Member

I can’t understand this attitude. He’s still a customer, directly or not. Would expect your car manufacturer to make you wait months for an essential part if you weren’t the original purchaser?

chakaping
    Free Member

Hey, I’m just pointing out that Evans don’t have a warranty to fulfill.

Personally I think bike warranties should all be transferable, but in the case of cars I always buy used and I must say I like to stick to popular, well-proven models with cheap and widely available spares.

ekul
    Free Member

I had the same excuse from norco when I snapped the seat stay on my sight. Eventually sorted it free of charge though and if you’re still looking for the part I have a 2012/2013 sight 1 frame sat in the garage that you can have if that’s of any interest? Needs new bearings should all be in working order once changed.

I think my emails in profile of interested…

colster808
    Free Member

I was talking to a guy on a MTB Facebook group who is also trying to get some hardwhere for his Norco. His case is a warranty claim and he’s got the same delivery date. Not much we can do though except wait and have a moan.

Cheers ekul. Email sent.

Kamakazie

If it was a warranty claim I’d expect it to be taken off a donor bike or something.
    Aren’t Evans the distributor for Norco? Why don’t they maintain stock of this sort of stuff?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Aren’t Evans the distributor for Norco? Why don’t they maintain stock of this sort of stuff?

Bolts and pivot hardware should be in stock, there’s no excuse for not keeping a viable stock of consumables to hand.

At least the OP now knows why his linkage hardware has been delayed. With these things, good communication is absolutely vital. At least the management team at Evans have been in contact with the OP to explain. I suspect that although Evans’ hands were tied, they could have been more effective with their feedback.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Good old social media, they can’t hide from it. They can ignore emails and phone calls..

philmorb
    Free Member

there’s no excuse for not keeping a viable stock of consumables to hand

Registered specifically to second this. I could not agree more! Particularly when it is seemingly well known that Norco can take a long time to provide the UK with parts. I have personally experienced this with a replacement Sight frame and extreme difficulty sourcing a Threshold mech hanger.

I am currently waiting for an eta on a whole bunch of Range frame hardware from them. The Evans guy I’m dealing with has actually been incredibly helpful, but I don’t feel a whole lot closer to a working bike.

Such a shame as I totally love riding the bikes they make. It sometimes feels as though after sales is an after thought, regardless of whatever the truth of that statement is within Norco. Perception is key!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Frustrated, Norco/Evans Cycles content’ is closed to new replies.