Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Frustrated at work…
  • MSP

… + internet access = spending too much **** money.

earlier this afternoon I had just had enough of the working week, and decided to take 5 mins to buy the pedals I had been considering.

an hour later I had bought

sele smp plus saddle
    brake pads
    knee pads
    couple of oval chainrings
    star nut tool
    under helmet cap
    load of stuff from myprotein (they gave me a 30% off code I had to buy more than I needed to make it worthwhile)
    some tupperware type things

and finally dmr vault pedals

I then though **** hell I got a bit carried away there I better cancel some of that stuff, but was too late to cancel any of the orders 😳

allan23
    Free Member

Been there, getting there again, time to get a new job.

Bike stuff is mostly sorted, spent this afternoon looking at Soundbases and NAS Drives.

NOT buying I’m telling myself.

LoCo
    Free Member

😆

leave it all in the basket go and have a cup of tea before pressing buy next time?
    Although it was on work time so you kind of got paid to shop?! 😀

Try having multiple trade accounts 😮

jekkyl

thing is you clearly needed all those things, didn’t you? otherwise why would have you bought them? 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

Put your wallet away and post more shit on STW. Works for me…mostly.

Trimix
    Free Member

The internet has a lot to answer for.

Buying stuff and paying with PayPal is also very bad, its not like real money.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I though this thread of frustration + internet was going to be much more dangerous.

the-muffin-man

Work obviously pays well!

egb81
    Free Member

Just get a worse paid job then all you can afford is the brake pads 😥

cranberry
    Free Member

It is very easy when bored and/or frustrated to convince yourself that you “need” something.

Been there, done that.

Now when I start to believe that X is exactly what I need, then I put an entry in my calendar for 1 months time of “Do I really need X”. A month ago it was a Canon 100mm macro lens, in the last week a Samsung S7.

I have never bought anything after a month.

mrmo
    Free Member

think of this, i have one week left in this job, i have NO motivation to do anything, What is the point?

I am just having to use extreme self control and staying off the shopping sites, or trying to, only got some new pedals, jockey wheels, could do with some tyres… pricing up a new bike….

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

If the OP was a (bored at work) politician , who would it be? Could it be Boris Johnson? He likes to cycle doesn’t he?

Drac

Get a job where you don’t get time to Internet shop.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’ll be interesting to see how the ‘it’s work’s fault’ excuse goes down in this house. Not sure it’ll cut the mustard to be honest.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I love the fact this thread has just been sent to me by the OH (crashtestmonkey)! Funnily enough we had this conversation earlier. I currently seriously dislike my job to the point where it is making me depressed and I’m currently trying to write a CV and see what is out there (has to be complete career change). So we were talking about me taking a pay cut and what kind of monthly salary I could live off. CTM told me how much he saves every month I laughed at how much less I do v him. Then we had the conversation that I spend a lot of mine on “sh**”! Although technically in my eyes I don’t as it is running/bike kit, books etc although I know what he is getting at. Why do I do it as I HATE work and have too much time on my hands when at work! I justify it that it’s all stuff I use, I’m not ” wasting” it on beer and cocaine! Well I’m now on a mission to save more I like the idea of writing it down and waiting a month, I think that would work for me as a lot of mine are impulsive buys!

Interesting tread glad it isn’t just me then 😉 makes me feel better already!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Frustrated at work…’ is closed to new replies.