Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Friends bike-related dissertation survey. How much do you love your bike?
  • mafiafish
    Free Member

My friend would be very grateful if some of you could take the time(5 minutes) to fill a survey looking at how people anthropomorphise bicycles i.e. give them names, attribute personality etc.
    Link
    Thanks in advance!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Done,

It was weird though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not enough to be monogamous.

donsimon
    Free Member

*confused*
    I was confused by the “bicycle helps me out” question until I remembered that it often prepares dinner and cleans the house for me, I’d have been in trouble if I’d forgotten to mention that.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Yeah some of the questions are a bit wierd if you’re a ‘bikes are just metal’ person like me. However I know a few people are a bit more sentimental.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gonna produce some interesting result – a lot better thought out than many of these we see

toys19
    Free Member
    NJA

Just weird

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I gave up. What a pile of S****.

tomhoward

very odd….but done.

scaredypants

done

“my bicycle has saved me from crashing”

NO – it does what it does and just because it’s more capable than I expect sometimes it hasn’t actively saved me
    (is that what the question is about ?)

almightydutch
    Free Member

Strange one that, unless you are a wierdo who names bikes and thinks they have feelings.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Interesting. A lot of typos that you simple MUST correct because they make it seem unprofessional.

Good luck with the study. Assume you will report back your findings?

mafiafish
    Free Member

It’s not my survey but I’m sure they’ll post something on here when it’s done. It’s a psychology study by the way.

mafiafish
    Free Member

NO – it does what it does and just because it’s more capable than I expect sometimes it hasn’t actively saved me
    (is that what the question is about ?)

I guess there might be a difference between people that think the bike has saved them/has a name/has a personality and those of us who just see it as a load of parts. I dunno the specifics of what it’s trying to elucidate but I’m sure the research is informed from phenomena elsewhere e.g. motoring, other sports, musical instruments etc.

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s a psychology study by the way.

No Poo!

seven
    Free Member

Now I think about it I should probably have named them, might have made things a bit easier on the domestic front..

Me: I’m going riding at Gisburn this weekend
    Mrs7: (feigning interest) Which bike you going to ride?
    Me: The Specialized
    Mrs7: Which ones that?
    Me: The full suss?
    Mrs7: Emm, no, which one’s that?
    Me: Err, the Grey one?
    Mrs7: ahh, ok have fun

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Interesting. A lot of typos that you simply MUST correct because they make it seem unprofessional.

FTFY

😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I feel affection toward them; think they are beauties; they have style and riding personalities and are animate when being ridden. But they still seem to be, very clearly, machines.

Is it wrong to love a machine?

Oof; you got me hungry monkey 😉

whatnobeer
    Free Member

None of my bikes have names, other than the brand/make of the bike, but they are all definitely female. I love the fact they’re all machines. Shiny bits and bobs all together to make something greater than the sum of the parts. Bikes are brilliant aren’t they?

Spin
    Free Member

I gave up. What a pile of S****.

Agree.

That survey is actually a test of your logical consistency as several questions are the same but reworded.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

so do people name, talk to and treat their bikes nicely so they will be nice back?

Edukator
    Free Member

It wasn’t long before I found the exit button top right.

ourmaninthenorth

Mental. I like it.

aP
    Free Member

Its much better than and apparently more thought through than the survey that asked if you were:
    interested in/ hated gay people
    interested in/ hated people of different ethnic origins
    interested in/ hated those crazy psychedelic drugs like marijuana mannnnn….

maccruiskeen

Strange one that, unless you are a wierdo who names bikes and thinks they have feelings.

You never see them moving by themselves but you meet them in the least accountable places unexpectedly. Did you never see a bicycle leaning against the dresser of a warm kitchen when it is pouring outside? Near enough the family to hear the conversation? Not a thousand miles from where they keep the eatables?

The gross and net result of it is that people who spent most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles…when a man lets things go so far that he is more than half a bicycle, you will not see him so much because he spends a lot of his time leaning with one elbow on walls or standing propped by one foot at kerbstones

tonyd

Done, good luck. I have to say though:

My bicycle cares about me

WTF?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

when a man lets things go so far that he is more than half a bicycle, you will not see him so much because he spends a lot of his time leaning with one elbow on walls or standing propped by one foot at kerbstones

Are you Eric Cantona?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

My bicycle cares about me

Aye, there were a few questions that seem odd at first, but when you know what the study is about, they make more sense. Does anyone here anthropomorphize their bike? Or is just no one admitting to it?

SBrock
    Free Member

Funnily enough this morning on breakfast tv there was a woman on there cos she no longer loved people, she loved objects instead, actually fell in love with buildings and objects WTF

I kid you not she dumped the Drum Kit and fell in love with the statue of liberty WTF

chewkw
    Free Member

Done. 🙂

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

That was bonkers.. Mind you, I had to point out that none of my bikes are named, but my car is called Larry. Who’s bonkers now, hmm?

Edukator
    Free Member

Has somebody been reading Flan O’brian?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Friends bike-related dissertation survey. How much do you love your bike?’ is closed to new replies.