Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fresh Start!
  • sparkywalts
    Free Member

I have been looking into something new job/location/everything wise but cant for the life of me think of what to do.

I currently live in North Devon but dont have anything to keep me here anymore.

What do you all reckon?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

What do you all reckon?

I reckon you should move. But, if you’re not too sure, start off by just moving to South Devon.
    How does that sound ?

chvck
    Free Member

You should start up a company in the west mids/mid wales and employ me 😀

gusamc
    Free Member

I guess it depends what you want..

Strangely enough North Devon is my current dream.

The grass is alway looks greener, but sometimes when you get closer it’s not. However I regret not doing some stuff when I was younger – go for it, in a planned and calculated way.

sharki
    Free Member

wear a red coat and get to see girls aloud and other tactastic bands fa free..get to push the jonney trolly about the camp and bask in the delights of chavymakers

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

How about fireman? shift work but at least they can sleep on nights!!
    guide, outdoor pursuits!??
    guess as someone already mentioned you need o have a vague idea or at least tell us what you don’t like/want to do/places you don’t want to live!

How about doing one of those bike charity cool trips in South America for a few months? helping build houses in slums or something?

sparkywalts
    Free Member

Thanks for all your ideas. Th problem is i dont really know what i want to do and never have. I love sports but the thing is i dont know where to start with leader/guide.

Atm the moment i work in an office stuck in front of a computer and it sucks.

One of the problems here is that due to go to uni most of my old friends have moved on so i am looking for somewhere where i can meet more new people and have fun on the way.

seven
    Free Member

well on the meeting people front try getting a similar job in a bigger town and get some ideas of what to do job wise from them, or just think about it over time

sparkywalts
    Free Member

The problem is i dont want to be sat in front of a comp all day. Very boring

seven
    Free Member

Yes, but it easier to change one aspect at a time, and by meeting new people that might help generate ideas on what to do

backhander
    Free Member

French Foreign Legion.

sparkywalts
    Free Member

That is a very good point seven.

gusamc
    Free Member

tip

I’ve been pissed off/in shit city and I’ve been pissed off/in shit city and not earning. I know which one I preffered – and by a fair margin.

Can you do something in evening/weekends – build up skills/qualifications/meet people and see if it’s financially viable..

sparkywalts
    Free Member

Yeah very good point chap i was unemployed at one point and it sucked.

I do, do stuff at the weekend but unfortuantely i cant think of many other things to do.

:S

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

move to yorkshire, its ace. fact.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Nah, Lancs. is best by far & Yorkshiremen are all deluded fools.

Move up to Bristol or Exeter, not too far that it’s unfamiliar territory but bigger places & hopefully more opportunities for stuff to do & jobs.?

molgrips
    Free Member

Work out what you want to do as a matter of priority. Try reading books and watching films. They often contain a lot of inspiration. Ones about people who did things might be interesting.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Fresh Start!’ is closed to new replies.