Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • French speeding fine
  • jools182
    Free Member

Just had a nice letter from the gendarmerie about doing 122km/h in a 115km/h zone

€45

I visit France quite often so should I pay it?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I visit France quite often so should I pay it?

Given that you visit quite a bit, I would.

nedrapier

merde. How long ago were you there?

I’ve been flashed a couple of times in France, last time a month ago.

legend
    Free Member

Hire car? I’ve never heard of a fine making it across the Channel before

jools182
    Free Member

It was in July, I thought I was being careful too, although I was running late for the train in Nice

I did go the wrong way down a one way street (for about 10m it was under a bridge) as tomtom was telling me to go that way and I was already late. I didn’t want to risk it re routing me miles away. Looked for cameras and police there and thought it must have been that at first 😳

Yes, I was wrong to do it :p

Yes it was a hire car. Already had a €35 ‘admin charge’ from the nice people at Avis for what amounted to them handing my address to the french police

ianv
    Free Member

Yes it was a hire car. Already had a €35 ‘admin charge’ from the nice people at Avis for what amounted to them handing my address to the french police

You will pay it one way or the other, it is probably going to be cheaper to do it direct rather than letting the hire company do it and charge another admin fee.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Yes, simples.

iolo
    Free Member

Just pay it. If you get stopped by the french cops again you’ll be in shit creek.

luffy105
    Free Member

Pay it. If they have you in the system you will flag eventually at a port of entry. Sea or air.

I had the same in Switzerland 10 years ago. Ignored it and got pulled at Geneva airport. I was given two options. £1200 fine or 12 days in jail. Had to pay the fine immediately, was gutted.

nickjb
    Free Member

Probably best to pay. Even if you get away with the fine you risk racking up more admin fees from Avis as they chase.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Pay it to the garlic eating surrender monkeys. Just mention Agincourt in your letter containing the cheque and maybe WW1 and WW2, just for a laugh like.

seavers
    Free Member

£1200 fine or 12 days in jail. Had to pay the fine immediately, was gutted.

Wow! With this in mind I would be paying the Euro’s.

neilco
    Free Member

45 Euros. Cheap. Pay it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘French speeding fine’ is closed to new replies.