Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Frame only options – gravel/cx?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Steel or ally

Any good options out there, ideally with carbon fork?

Sub £500

ourmaninthenorth

*watches thread carefully*

crazybaboon

Kinesis have a selection

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

2nd Kinesis or Cotic Escapade

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No idea on price up the gt grade looks very nice

mattbee

Tamed Earth in Hindhead have a Transition Rapture frame in medium reduced to £399 at the moment.

mrblobby
    Free Member

seanthesheap
    Free Member

I would look for a steel frame, that said, my mate has a Raleigh cx bike in Alu and it rides very smoothly, plus you can get the while bike for £500. 😯

tobymc

Another vote for an Escapade plus a carbon fork. And just for non-ferrous balance…. An Arkose of some sort. The ss version comes with a gear hanger for versatility (if you can find stock).

chrisr1983
    Free Member

All city macho man. Well under £500 with plenty of change for a carbon fork. Absolutely love mine as it’s the best fitting bike I’ve ever had and it will handle pretty much anything,
    I have mine built up with force cx1 and some hand built h plus son rims on tune hubs.

Highly recommend checking their stuff out. They do a disc or canti option too.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Does Cotic still make a carbon fork for the Escapade?

unpacman
    Free Member

Been looking for the same, got a few bits in the spare parts bin. (Currently riding an Arkose – which is great – but the wife wants to have it for her commute.)
    Needs rack and guard mounts.
    So far:
    Kinesis 4S disc frame-set – very expensive for an ally frameset but quality. Flat mount disc compatible which is nice.
    Cotic Escapade – heavy with a very tall head tube and no carbon fork.
    Genesis Croix’s or Equilibrium disc – heavy and expensive.

Otherwise it’s a complete bike such as Arkose, Norco , Marin, GT Grade et all, can’t seem to get frame only options.
    Jameso reckons Pinnacle Dolomite disc framesets will become available in a couple of months so possibly Arkose framesets will come online too?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Frame only options – gravel/cx?’ is closed to new replies.