Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Frame ID help please
  • timmys

I’m looking to build up a hack bike for my wife and this popped up in my eBay search. Looks to have square-ish chainstays and reasonably identifiable dropout area and gussets at the top/down/head tube junctions. Any ideas?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Boardman of some vintage?

timmys

I see where you are coming from, the dropouts look right but all the Boardman frames that google images are showing me look a lot more hydroforned around the head tube area.

Anyone else want to play?

cyclistm
    Free Member

It’s pretty distinctive. Someone will know, I don’t though sorry

cyclistm
    Free Member

Oh I reckon it might be a carrera something.

A wanted ad here will usually turn up something

timmys

Carrera was my first hunch. The square chainstay and drop out area look spot on but i can’t see a Carrera that doesn’t either have a gusset at the top tube / seat tube junction or look a lot chunkier at the head tube end of the down tube.

milky1980
    Free Member

Definitely reminiscent of a Carrera, had a Kraken and a Vengeance with that exact dropout design. The square chainstay was standard round then too (’06-08ish). The headtubes are usually flared though, not straight. Could be a Merida as they made their frames around then.

timmys

Cheeky Sunday morning bump.

PJay
    Free Member

Have you asked the seller on the off chance that they know? Is there any way of working out the manufacturer/model from the frame number?

timmys

I haven’t asked the seller but he apologises in the description for not knowing what make/model it is.

timmys

Gonna give this a cheeky bump as this is still for sale locally and my search for a suitable hack bike for my wife is not coming up with anything.

Anyone know what this frame is?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Frame ID help please’ is closed to new replies.