Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fox DU Removal Tool
  • TractorFrog
    Free Member

Hi,

Need to replace the bushings in my shock and was wondering if anyone had the DU Removal Tool?

http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Fox_Rear_Shock_Bushing_Kits.html

Be will to pay for postage each way and put £30 into a paypal account (as insurance) while I use it to replace my worn bushings and then return.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Ask at your local bike shop if they have a freehub body bolt from a Shimano hub. It’s the perfect size for pushing the DU out in a vice (into a socket).

gusamc
    Free Member

if you have a small socket set check them, as one of my small sockets fits perfectly, then as above push out into a much bigger socket via a vice

TractorFrog
    Free Member

Got loads of old Shimano hubs kicking about. Which Bolt we talking about?

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Try one of these for 12 quid including postage. They also do cheap bushings.

http://www.stephenscycles.talktalk.net/Tools.html

kaesae
    Free Member

Will you be using the tool with a vice or without one?

TractorFrog
    Free Member

i got Vice’s 🙂

sv

There is one on eBay for under £10 delivered, works very well.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Got loads of old Shimano hubs kicking about. Which Bolt we talking about?

The massive hollow bolt that attaches the freehub body to the hub, at bottom right of this image:

The flat, non-threaded end is a perfect fit and better than a socket as it isn’t rounded.

wagenwheel

+1 for the £12.00 one of eBay, got one last week. The supplied bush only lasted 1 ride on my Remedy though, I think I need to replace the alloy hardware. 🙁

sv

eBay link

£9 posted!

TractorFrog
    Free Member

that’s what I am replacing (Trek Remedy 9)RP23 (4 years old and first time replacing)

Cheers Chaps, I’ll get my hardware ordered today and a hub dismantled

😀

kaesae
    Free Member

The vice specific tool are much fater and realistically it’s what all the pro mechanics I know use in the work shop.

The smaller tools you get from ebay are OK, however I had problems with the threads on the screws / bolts getting damaged easily.

Still once you have the tool sorted you can fix loads of other riders bushes for beers 😀

If the tool you make removes any of the bushes lining I would simply buy an actual tool.

Goodluck!

TractorFrog
    Free Member

So i used the Bolt from from the Shimano Freehub body, with a vice, worked like a dream. Big thanks to Thrre_Fish for the tip.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fox DU Removal Tool’ is closed to new replies.