Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox DHX 5.0 Coil set-up – Intense 6.6
  • theador
    Free Member

Can anyone help on settings for a Fox DHX 5.0 Coil set-up for an Intense 6.6?

I weigh 68-9kg (151lb, 10.7st)

I have no idea where to start on this one, my settings at the mo are:

450lb Fox spring, 2.37 stroke (about 3/4inch of sag)
    Rebound 3 clicks in
    Pro-pedal 5 clicks in
    Bottom Out resistance 3 rotations, sitting on first indicator mark
    Boost Valve set to 130psi (have ridden it less than 120psi, apparently this can cause damage?)

It feels a little soft.

I ride more all mountain/trail than downhill/Freeride, so don’t want it set up super plush.

Has anyone got a good starting set-up that I could then tweak?

GW
    Free Member

RTFM but if you want a firmer ride, fit a firmer spring

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d sag there’s too much sag (assuming the 3/4″ you quote is shock sag) which implies you need a firmer spring. This concurs with your feeling that it’s too soft. The boost valve on my 5.0 will go down to 75psi.

Basically follow these steps.
    Get the spring/sag right.
    Set the rebound to something that feels good.
    If it bottoms out then wind the chamber in and/or increase the air pressure to boost the end of the stroke.
    Does it bob about when you pedal? If so, wind on some propedal until you’re happy.

Different bike but for mine with a 6″ travel on a 50mm stroke shoke I run a 750 inlb spring with 2mm preload. Fully open boost chamber, 75 psi in the boost valve, no propedal and something comfortable on the rebound. I’m thinking of having it revalved to reduce the compression damping further.

YMMV

theador
    Free Member

Cheers, only just got this. I’ve put a stiffer spring on (500lb), wound on 4 more clicks of rebound, I’ve wound the chamber right in and am running about 180psi with 4 clicks of propedal, feels a lot better.

The biggest difference was made winding on a bit more rebound damping. I think the whole thing was just being a bit too bouncy.

I spoke to TF tuned and they said that the PUSH tuning can really help get rid of the mid stroke wallow that I was getting. Happy for now though.

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox DHX 5.0 Coil set-up – Intense 6.6’ is closed to new replies.