Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Fox DHX 3.0 in Marin Quake 7.2
  • revs1972
    Free Member

Just bought a Fox DHX 3.0 to replace the DHX 5.0 Air (im too heavy for an air shock at the moment). Anyway just tried to fit it but the frame mount gussets hit the shock body and so the mount hole is fouling by approx 0.2mm. I have the boost valve end up at the front of the bike.
    Is it just a simple case of turning it round, or are these shocks designed to work in a particular direction. Having looked closer at pictures of the 7.1 version with the marzocchi rocco, the boost valve is to the back of the bike. The other alternative is to file down the frame mounts to clear (not so sure about this)
    Any ideas / advice would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

mildred

You can mount that shock however it will fit without upsetting anything.

Best thing to do is remove the spring and fit the shock, cycle the suspension through its travel and see if it fouls on anything.

Having owned a couple of Quakes I know how much of a pain this will be, but ultimately it will be time well spent. I am a bit surprised that there's any difference when you fit the shock – From memory the DHX5 air can and piggy back take up loads of room, yet they fit ok. Is it definitely the same size (dimensions) shock you've bought?

revs1972
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply,
    yes, checked i2i distance / stroke etc and it is correct shock.
    At the front of the shock where it bolts into the 2 "gussets" that are welded to the frame, these gussets actually hit the end of the shock (i.e the distance from the face of the "say 50mm dia black bit" to the actual eye is not enough to clear). If i were able to line up the eye to the frame eye then the frame eye would be digging into the shock.
    Technical terms not to good there but I hope you get the jist of what im saying ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fox DHX 3.0 in Marin Quake 7.2’ is closed to new replies.