Home Forums Bike Forum Fox-34-float-rhythm-grip-boost-mtb-forks-2021-29-28 query.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox-34-float-rhythm-grip-boost-mtb-forks-2021-29-28 query.
  • zippykona

I’m really out of touch with stuff now, are these good forks?
    Had my Recons serviced and they are still awful
    These are an amount I’m happy to spend.
    Anyone know how long the steerer is?

kelvin

How much?

Steerer depends on where you’re getting them from.

And, yes, great forks.

zippykona

£299 from Merlin.

dyna-ti

Steerers on fox forks are 260mm. Ive the fork as above sitting here and the factory 36 and both are new and uncut and are 260mm

Its a good fork. More of a basic workhorse type of thing. Not the super duper adjustability of the factory, but i sometimes feel thats just a complete arseabout

Some folk like that type of thing. a little click here, and lesser click there… but maybe its not needed and the simpler adjustment is better

snotrag

They are not particularly light – the Rhythms use a cheaper alloy in the lowers, stanchions etc… however the Grip damper is lovely and light years nicer than the Motion Control damper in a Recon.

Note they are the ‘E tuned’ version so the compression damping tune will be a touch on the heavier side, so could be an issue if you are 6 stone wet through fitting them on an XC hardtail.

zippykona

Luckily going on a e bike ,I shall purchase.

oldfart

I’ve got a pair of the Merlin ones fitted on my super tarty Curtis AM9 ???

I’d like to find out how many if any tokens are inside but only just found out I don’t need to spend £30 on the Fox socket ?

In my head my 36s on my Orbea Rise I’ve had a token taken out so on a much lighter bike I should do the same or am I way off ?

P20

You can get top cap spanner’s for about a tenner.

oldfart

Thanks P20 I saw the Park Tool available for that

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.