Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Four4th lights.
  • shortcut

I got one of these last week and have to confess it has opened up my night riding quite significantly, in that i can now see down stuff where my bar light would be picking out something in the far distance but not down the drop immediately in front of me!

The unit helmet light is light and sensibly attached to a very near bracket, the battery pack is litium polymer and has a long enough lead to go into my jersey pocket. with enough power to kick out light equivalent to a Maxx D for about 3.5 hours.

The head unit does get quite hot but downpowers to cool down if it is going to overheat.

Nice beam, well made, complete package and working well so far. Does anyone else have one? What are your impressions?

wombat

Which LED lens options did you go for? I'm looking for a new light at the mo and those look really nice

shortcut

I am running a spot lense on the helmet. It has pretty good penetration and is very professionally pulled together for a small operation.

Pricing is very competetive for a full set including charger, light, battery and mount currently £195.

glynP
    Free Member

They look good to me are they quite light? Do you think they would be washed out running them in conjunction with hope hid handlebar light

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Not heard of 'em – where did you (shortcut) pick up on them?

wombat

I'm looking for a handlebar mounted light, perhaps the medium beam one. I'll email them and see what they'd recommend.

shortcut

They have a web site http://www.four4th.co.uk I picked up on them coz the guy who runs the company rides with our group occasionally and i was immediately impressed by the product.

As for light well, the head unit is less in weight than a joystick for example and better attached.

It will not be outpowered by a Hope Hid on the bars and will work pretty well in conjunction with that sort of bar light. As i said I am running mine with an exposure Maxx D with no problems at all. In fact it is a great set up.

Currently I have one of the more powerful combinations in our ride group and am putting a lot of people into shadow when I follow them! 🙂

STATO
    Free Member

the head unit is less in weight than a joystick for example and better attached

The one time ive actually caught my helmet-mounted joytick on anything i was nearly knocked off the bike with the impact, so i was glad when it pooped out its mount instead of snagging. If the light had been 'better attached' i would have been on the floor in quite a lot of pain.

Not to mention that light look rediculous mounted to the helmet, it sticks up miles and looks like the bracket off a £ shop light.

shortcut

STATO – the reality is that the light is very small, significantly smaller than the pictures on the website would indicate. Hence it does not stick up that far. The bracket is actually pretty good and custom built around the light. It is a very good unit for the money.

So – does anyone else have them?

Shepdon
    Free Member

Hi Shortcut,
    just after your views on the light. I have just sold my lumicycle halogen set up to buy an LED light and looking around come across these four4th lights.
    I was looking at the maxx D but this is £100 quid cheaper. Is it as good / bright as your maxx d?
    I will be bar mounting it as I have just bought a DX 900 lumen torch which I have mounted to my lid.
    What lens would you recommend for bar mounting spot or wide?
    Is the spot tight or does it give enough throw to the sides

Your comments would be much appreciated
    Best regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Four4th lights.’ is closed to new replies.