Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Forum adverts – SportsDirect?
  • spyke85
    Free Member

Come on Singletrack, Sports Direct advertising on here? They really expect anyone who comes on here to buy one of their £160 full suspension bikes!

Matt24k
    Free Member

If it helps fund the site I haven’t got a problem with it. I imagine that it is all key word generated rather than some one at Singletrack knocking on doors.

joao3v16
    Free Member

seeing as STWers are predominantly bike snobs, I can see why a £160 FS thing could be offensive …

😈

scaredypants

they do lovely dirt cheap tracky trousers ‘n’ shit – great gear for putting on to drive home after a ride, or buggering about in garage/garden etc

thepurist

Maybe their bikes are shonky, but if you want cheapo Karrimor waterproof shoes for flats or some of their £7 tops then they’re a lot more useful then niche29erboutiquebike.com or whatever you’d rather see.

wwaswas

Sports Direct advertising on here

errm, you know the ads are based on your personal browsing history, don’t you?

antigee

well what have you got!
    sports direct tick – i like their £7 tops and stuff for the kids
    tiger sheds – shed lust problem

Moe

No different than JJB advertising in Runners World and claiming to be ‘experts’ in delivering customer service to runners.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

Sports Direct advertising on here

Cant be completely clever arse as i see them too(not knocking them BTW)

mustard
    Free Member

I’ve TM Lewin, Milan Direct and CRC – or at least did until I logged in 🙂

mafiafish
    Free Member

They’re great for some basic kit, socks, gloves, thermals etc. I even got a nevica ski jacket for £20 a month back.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What’s wrong with them? The karimoor stuff seems to be holding up well even if it does offend bike snobs.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

They’re great for running shoes and gear.

And footy tops, go there in the sale and get a 50 quid top for a tenner to use as a ‘baselayer’ on the bike.

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve actually been into the shop to buy some Muddy Fox Baggies for commuting. Its like walking into Chav Heaven, the clothing version of Elizabeth Duke if you will.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Ive bought their Muddyfox shorts, tops and jackets. All good! Plenty of Airwalks for kicking around on the bike in the summer too. It’s mostly good quality gear sold cheap. What’s not to like?

djflexure

Clothing is cheap and so far so good

AndyP
    Free Member

is it still the done thing to reply with ‘what advert?’ ?

BoardinBob

Been plundering Sports Direct recently. Nike Combat Gear is about half the price in the official Nike shop around the corner. Lonsdale sports underwear is cracking. Loads of Everlast gear which I really like and is dirt cheap. Big thumbs up from me.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sports Direct is IMO less offensive than credit sharks but if “it pays for the site” is the chief criteria then we have to live with it. SD is great if you know what you want and for bargains, horrendous in my experience for advice and service. I have the Karrimor tops and they are as good as much more expensive running tops but still sad for me to see Karrimor as this new company with n’owt to do with the trad roots in Accrington. Defined you as a climber in the 70s – the original Karrimor or Berghaus?

Another Sports Direct Karrimor and Muddy Fox customer here.
    Good kit at a good price.

coogan
    Free Member

vondally
    Free Member

sports diect ……chav world or middle class sensible buy outlet????

Snobbery aside some really good stuff in there if you are prepared to trawl…..running stuff asics…..ronhill….nike…..adidias yes some rubbish but same every where

I feel more upset with Velobici…………………….what is that all about???

portlyone

I have other interested outside cycling, I buy my cheap footy gear from there.

Plus I’m another who uses karrimor boots for the bike.

juiced
    Free Member

i love them.Good they advertise on here imho. Got some good No Fear stuff before and some lovely skate shoes. Love the lonsdale underwear too. 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

What’s the opinion of new karrimor stuff. Looking at their Elite alpiniste eVent Jacket, seems too good to be true for the price.

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/karrimor-elite-alpiniste-event-jacket-mens-442050

Gribs

That’s cheap though imo waterproof zips are far worse than a storm flap. I’ve paid more for Mountain Equipment seconds direct from them.

faz083
    Free Member

meh, sportsdirect are decent. Just bought a £48 pair of gore tex merrell shoes for my mum, they’re excellent quality and were down from £98. I’m not complaining, they arrived next day and…

I RECIEVED A FREE MUG!

meehaja
    Free Member

yup, I buy stuff from sports direct. Recently bought some muddy fox cycling shorts.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

i got some Merrels and socks from them before and would buy from them again. It was specifically the quality of Karrimor kit nowadays that I was wondering about.

houndlegs
    Free Member

meehaja, what are the shorts like? I’ve not long bought some tops and I’m more than happy with them.

Gribs

I’ve had a couple of new Karrimor base years from them and they’re ok but they’re not to the same quality as old Karrimor. Think of it as Regatta stuff made with better quality materials.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Forum adverts – SportsDirect?’ is closed to new replies.