Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Forks – function, stiffness, weight.
  • colournoise

In the early stages of speccing up a Rocket build. Umming and arring over forks. With my projected budget could go for the rolling chassis option which comes with 15mm maxle Revs, or go frame only and opt for some Marzocchi 55CRs with 20mm axle.

The bombers are about a pound heavier (would put the overall build at around 31lb). Going for a fairly burly AM build.

Have bombers (44s) on my current BFe and am very happy with them. Have never owned any Rock Shox forks.

Am after opinions on either/both fork(s).

cazum
    Free Member

X-Fusion Vengeance HLR ? i know a few folk running them and they say they are amazing! just another option for you to consider 🙂

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Revs are great, especially the dual flow damper but chassis is not in the ‘burly’ category. Lyriks are noticeably stiffer and track better with less flutter. I changed between the two on my Mega and the Lyrik The new Pike looks great as a middle ground but expensive. I think 18bikes had good pre order deals.

ianv
    Free Member

Bombers every time for me. Have used all 3 and the Marzocchis just feel better and more solid.

jedi

55 marz for the win!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Rct3 revs are the best trail fork I’ve ever used when it comes to damping and trail chatter. They can be a bit fluttery at times though.

Something like a lightweight pike with rct3 would be a really great fork.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Got coil Lyriks on my Rocket. They are a really good match to the frame (running Fox CDT Kashima shock).

Upgrade have stock of X-Fusion Slant now. Another possible option. They also have limited stock of last years 160mm Vengeance, both forks can be had for less than £500.

b45her
    Free Member

http://shop.upgradebikes.co.uk/Catalogue/Suspension/X-Fusion-Slant/X-Fusion-Slant-DL2

these will take some beating on a performance/£ basis, very flexible with regards different wheel standards and travel adjustments too should you wish to change frames in the future.

LoCo
    Free Member

X fusion or new pikes would fit the bill nicely, love my rev rct3 however if you’re going to be giving it the beans you may find a stiffer chassis beneficial

colournoise

Those 160 Slants have thrown me a curveball…

honourablegeorge

Quite like the new Pikes mydelf, but would want 140 with standard steerer, think I’m out of luck

Do X-fusion have anything to suit?

thered

Bos Devilles

emmodd
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some Slant’s for my SB66. They are internally adjustable down to 120mm so they might fit the bill for you!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Forks – function, stiffness, weight.’ is closed to new replies.