Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Forks for a pre CEN Soul?
  • richcc
    Free Member

What forks are people putting on Souls these days now a lot of the usual choices have gone to 140mm? Phaons are 'tired' and ready for a change

Stiggy

I have Pikes at 120mm on mine but if I had the money I'd put 120mm Maxle Rebas on. I'd have a look at the imminent 15mm DT Swiss XMM120's too.

Timmo
    Free Member

you 'could' use some 140's, but add a little extra sag into them??
    with 20% sag you be looking at under 120mm???

ive got manitou minute IT and have the travel set to 130, but have the extra travel if i change frames atall!- if so it'll most likely be a new soul frame!

trailmonkey

140 Pikes. Haven't died yet.

Vortexracing

140 Pikes. Haven't died yet.

same here, mainly run them at 120mm

chunkypaul
    Free Member

reba sl maxle lite 120mm

rob2
    Free Member

rock shox rev team u-turns.

Use 120mm for general stuff then wind them up for any long downs. Sorted.

Or if too much a fox 120 which is what I have

geetee1972
    Free Member

You know I will never quite get why people think that just because the 140mm forks they are running on a 130mm certified frame haven't caused a frame to fail yet that it means it never will.

Maybe it never will fail but **** me it's not the sort of field experiment I'd want to carry out. 😯

Northwind

I just went and found some good condition 130mm Revelation 100-130mm dual air uturns, they're an absolutely perfect match for the Soul IMO, they just go together. If I needed new forks tomorrow I'd do the same I guess. Though the new Revs are a bit nicer. Anyone know if you can size down the 120-150mm Revelation Teams?

Oh, I did run mine with 140mm Revelations for a while, no it didn't snap but I went back to shorter ones mainly because I'd feel like such a c**k if it did. I figure that if I was riding hard enough to justify the longer travel, I was probably riding too hard to take a liberty lihe that with the frame… And the 130mm ones got me down aonach mor well enough.

duckman

130 revs,or 120 floats worked best for me.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I've got coil u-turn revelations on mine. Running them at 115/120 – seems the ideal length to me.

metalheart
    Free Member

Running Talas on mine (and mostly at 100mm). Got them cheap on 09 closeout deal. Cant say I notice any problems with them just being QR.

Also run 454 Pikes (again minimum setting) in the past.

I personally find the Talas better suited though.

richcc
    Free Member

Happy to hold my hands up to this being a 'me thing' but don't really fancy idea of second hand forks.

tang
    Free Member

running reba team maxle 120s here, sweet. mind you the u turn 130 revs were good also.

mccann.ben
    Free Member

You can get a bike shop to add 10mm spacers into a fox float I think. Therefore reducing the travel to 130mm….

richcc
    Free Member

Just had a trawl around and found some 130 revs. Was intending to go Maxle but can't really spring for a new wheel so got QR version

simonbowns
    Free Member

reduce a longer fork – revs, floats.

new DT EXM130 – due here in a couple weeks, all being well.

richcc
    Free Member

DT look nice but wasn't really looking to spunk 600 notes – bagged the revs for £300 all being well.

vimto
    Free Member

Reba maxle 120mm for me, seem spot on. Prior to this had DT xmc 130s, which were a bit wandery up hill but great every where else.

Speshpaul

If the revs don't work out, i've got a brand new pair of OEM 2010 Fox Float 32 RL's. Drop me a line
    Cheers
    Paul

richcc
    Free Member

Cheers Paul. Will see if shop comes good!

Northwind

"Just had a trawl around and found some 130 revs. Was intending to go Maxle but can't really spring for a new wheel so got QR version "

On the short revs it doesn't make a huge difference anyway, they're decently stiff. I ran the 140mm maxles and 130mm QRs, sure there's a difference but not enough to bother me when I went back to the 130mm.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Forks for a pre CEN Soul?’ is closed to new replies.