Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fork Juice…Any good or just a gimmick..?
  • jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Seen this to TRY & keep my FOX Van 180 Kashima fork in good nick 8)

FORK JUICE ??

Any one tried it please….. :lol:and will still strip lowers & clean foam seals every 25miles anyway like….?

Vortexracing

I use it after every ride, not sure if it works or not, forks do seem supple though.

when this runs out I will get some more, so I suppose if it is a gimmick they have got me 😳

Matt24k
    Free Member

I use it as part of my regular cleaning and maintenance regime and it works for me.

Paceman
    Free Member

I think it reduces stiction. Works for me.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Good stuff, doesn’t seem to get past the seals and muck up the oil either. You only need to apply a short spray so the can will last a good while

happysv
    Free Member

I bought some last week after reading about it on another thread and can confirm it make the forks more active on small bumps etc.
    Silicon spray will do the same and I believe that is what this stuff is but who knows.

nuke

Use it before every cycle. Works for me and last ages. Some will argue there’s cheaper alternatives but I’ll get more when it runs out

scoobmw
    Free Member

Use it every second third ride, and like others when (if it ever does) it runs out I’ll likely be getting more.
    Sure there was once a description from the product owners about how it had been changed over time to be more than a silicone spray but can’t remember where I read that now.

snowpaul
    Free Member

just use silicon spray from a plumbers merchant… I use it and it does help and its cheap…. smells ok too….

fork juice prob just the same but as with everything ‘bike’ you pay for it…

paul

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

it smells nice

hilldodger
    Free Member

My F32 floats (non kashima) are 18 months old with about 5000 miles on them, I use Fenwicks fork spray and a muckynuts fender, seals are always pretty clean when serviced and stanchions are mint.
    Compare the price of magic voodoo spray to price of forks and it seems an easy choice…….

hilton83
    Free Member

I started using it recently and really thought it worked well, the can will last ages im sure. It reduces stiction for sure makes your whole ride feel nice and supple and buttery.

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Many thanks for all the replys ….looking like im ordering a can then …..Happy Crimbo to you all….& thanks for the info….

julianwilson
    Free Member

there was a thread a whole back on Southern Downhill, where the Juice Lubes bloke explained what it is. (also linked on one of the other previous threads on this on stw iirc).

It is silicon lube with a fancy label and a markup, but it is a particular form of it they use in the glazing industry rather than your standard halfords dashboard stuff. The difference is allegedly that the ‘glazing’ one has extra stuff in it to help move big sheets of glass sideways under the heavy weight of a whole sheet. The idea being it allows your uppers to move more smoothly in and out of your lowers under the pressure of actual riding ‘forces’, and does this better than ‘standard’ silicon lube. I expect if you were in the glazing trade you could source it for much less per can, but where would you find it?

coatesy
    Free Member

And most importantly, don’t spray it where the overspray is likely to settle on your braking surfaces 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fork Juice…Any good or just a gimmick..?’ is closed to new replies.