Home Forums Bike Forum Ford Tourneo connect owners assemble please

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ford Tourneo connect owners assemble please
    bikerevivesheffield

I’m interested in one for day to day work and family life.

The things I’d like to know/see:

The 7 seater – how much space when the rear most row of seats are out (2 seats)

Can the middle row come out completely?

Can 2 of the middle row be left as a 2 seat with 1 removed

Are roof bars readily available for a roof box and/or bike racks

Easy enough to get a tow bar fitted

What are they like as a daily driver

£15k max budget

snotrag

Not an owner but have been very close to buying one in past few months and driven a handful. We also use them at work in ‘Van’ format.

Space – see here (great website!) https://www.ridc.org.uk/features-reviews/out-and-about/choosing-car/car/ford-grand-tourneo-connect-16-tdci-titanium-5dr

Middle row will not come out completely without tools. They fold forward and down slightly into the footwells.

They are a 2 plus 1 – you can fold either side and not the other – but I cannot confirm if you can remove one without the other, but its definitely a tools job not quick release.

On a 7 seat car, the 3rd row folds to the same level giving a false flat floot. On a 5 seater there is a lip.

Note – if your not actually bothered by back seats, there are some ‘Grand’ Tourneos that were specced (free option) from factory with 5 seats along. Bit neater in the boot if so.

To drive they are excellent – basically a 1.5tdci focus with a massive box on the back. They are much, much nicer to drive than a Caddy particularly if you appreciate the steering feel and ride control etc.  Not quick, I would have 100% had it mapped, but adequate.

Make sure you buy a facelift, 2018 on. They are a lot better inside and a good 8 speed auto. DO NOT buy a pre facelift 6 speed powershift they are notoriously terrible. Get a Titanium, not a Zetec. Hold out for Sync 3 if you can too although this will be rare at 15k. Factory Android Auto etc etc…

I had a spreadsheet and searches running on Autotrader for a GTC, 8 speed auto, Sync 3, and heated seats – which is a rare combo. Very nearly put a deposit on this one…

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202406190922068?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=relevance&postcode=LS25%206GS

I havent driven it but trust me from looking so much over the past 3 months – you should definitely go see that one as its a very rare spec combo and the only one I’ve seen at your budget. Good colour too.

(Plot twist… after all that I’ve ended going with another Mercedes as I decided if im gonna get a Van, I may as well get a big van…)

I have an original sales brochure your welcome to if you happen to be coming anywhere near  Leeds.

hardtailonly

We have one, a 2018 model.

(Assume you are talking about the previous version rather than the newer VW Caddy / Tourneo mash-up?)

The rear 2 seats come out really easily (4 x Torx bolts each). Provides useful extra depth eg for big family camping holidays. But then creates a stepped floor if folding one or more of the middle row of seats.

As far as I know, the middle row seats don’t come out (easily), but I’ve never tried.

With all 5 seats folded, you get a completely flat, and large, load area.

Depth from the floor to ceiling is such that you can’t get a modern MTB in without taking the front wheel off. You might be able to if removing seats 6 and 7, and the MTB is placed front wheel facing to the rear. Gravel/Road bike is no issue with all wheels on.

It’s a great car/’not-quite-van’.

I can send pics of various seating configurations if you want to IM.

Roof bars readily available.

Facebook Owners page is useful for info.

The newish Berlingo XL is possibly more versatile as you can remove/fold any of the second and third rows of seats individually.

EDIT. I’m in Leeds if you want a closer look/drive.

snotrag

I really was serious about buying one!

(I really wanted Sedona Orange which was 2020/21 only!)

bikerevivesheffield

Thanks both, really knowledgeable and helpful

zerocool

Just make sure it’s not got a ‘wet cam belt’. I love my Transit Custom but am terrified that the it will disintegrate and destroy the engine. Bring back cam chains!

Tracey

Had the belt done on our Tourneo Custom last week as Ford have fetched the interval forward from 10 years to 6 years. When I asked after it had been done about its condition I was told the old one was still in good condition. Not a cheap job.

Daughters Tourneo Connect has the 150hp1.6 Ecoboost petrol engine which I think has a normal belt.

weeksy

How much was not cheap please @tracey ?

Tracey

Thought you had the 2.2 engine in yours

weeksy

I have the earlier yes, but I expect in 18 months I’ll upgrade and currently I still want a Transit Custom again, but will be nearly new.

Tracey

Hope your sat down.

Transit Centre was £1200. Cheapest quote I could get local was £999 but that was without changing oil and filter

weeksy

Yeah about what I thought. I’m torn in truth as the Custom ticks 99% of boxes for me, but I’m putting 22,000 a year on it. So may not be best plan.

rOcKeTdOg

Just make sure it’s not got a ‘wet cam belt’

That might be difficult as all the diesels from 2016 have been wet belt iirc

I had a connect van, so the same without seats did 80k in it. Only problem was a broken injector that was replaced under warranty but the cam belt needed changing at 80k and it was actually hard to find anyone to do it other than main dealer and they wanted £1200 to do it. In the end I sold it.

Drives well though being based on a focus chassis.

The synch stereo can be temperamental and disengage itself from any paired device but once you learn the reset tricks it’s ok

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.