Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi turbo whistle…
  • Simon

We’ve got a 57 plate Focus 2 litre TDCi, the turbo has suddenly got louder, no smoke or loss of power though. What’s the likely cause and should I be worried?

garage-dweller

Is it a whooshing air noise? if so could be an early indicator of an intercooler hose splitting.
    Had this with my Mondeo. A few days of it then the smoke and power loss. Less than 200 to fix in fact think.it was nearer 100.

Failing that someone else will be along.

benji
    Free Member

Often oil feed problems, either caused by lack of servicing, or on some there is a gauze which blocks up, peugeots have been particularly prone to this. For a common model like a focus in the main the cost of a replacement turbo isn’t too bad, seen prices as low as £200 for the unit for an astra, fitting is obviously extra.

Simon

@benji – Thought that was only a problem with the 1.6 Ford/PSA turbo diesel engine?

spooky_b329

As above, get under the bonnet, flex the intercooler pipe about and thoroughly check for any splits.

Could also be a leak in the ducting on the intake side of things, or around the airbox.

novaswift
    Free Member

As previous it sounds like the split hose I had on my ford. 50 for the new hose

takisawa2

Split hose, but it is usually accompanied by power loss though…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi turbo whistle…’ is closed to new replies.