Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 169 total)
  • For you design types and photoshop guru's
  • Antonyfw
    Free Member

I think you deserve a chance to redeem yourself 4xj. No need for the tude though….ever.

nbt

Mrs Toast – Member
    I use Photobucket, not had any issues with it before. You're not missing much!

Ahhh, my dear Mrs Toast, you do yourself a disservice, you are my new hero. Your work has had my laughing out loud, not the best of ideas in a busy office but I simply couldn't help myself.

Mrs Toast – Member

And I actually have no idea who the guy with the pump is, I just remember the other photoshops that were done with the picture. Seemed a shame not to merge the two!

And therein lies another thread worthy of recognition, the story of The Badger is one of those that has passed into the realm of myth and antiquity: a story of joy, laughter and insane threats of legal actions that is sadly no longer available since the site got pwned. Suffice to say tears of laughter were merely the first stage of appreciation of just how much that thread made people laugh when it first was read. It was even better than the picolax thread. Please, does anyone have a copy of the badger thread for Mrs Toast's edification?

wwaswas
    clubber
    Free Member

Better still, badger thread (since rapidshare is blocked for lots of people):
    http://www.lost-soul.co.uk/drac/Singletrack%20-%20Mountain%20Bike%20Magazine.htm

nbt

wwaswas – ta, will re-read tonight, it's filtered at work as I think there may be some naughty words in it

Mrs toast – Have a read of the link above and see what you've gotten yourself into. Have you got good legal representation? 😆

edit – ta clubber 😀

hora
    Free Member

Eeeeee memory lane with that link. What happened to the Hacker(s) in the end? It is still legal?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not all of us islanders are like him BTW!

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i forgot to say please and i'm sorry

also its not a big deal realy is it as i'm not forcing anyone to do it

scotia
    Free Member

he's back!

i think surely some of the anti 4xj is due to the way you respond..very rude & immature.

coffeeking
    Free Member

also its not a big deal realy is it as i'm not forcing anyone to do it

I think it was more the presumptuous tone the email took – "someone will do this for me". Considering to do it *properly* would take a notable amount of time, it seems a bit much to ask of random people in a thread.

glenp
    Free Member

Ah, I feel guilty now.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

well yes, i am still immature and some people here are too

I know why people took the piss but some of the funny images ,may have taken longer tham what I asked (not sure if that's correct)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Damn you people for having fun creating images for all of our amusement when you could have completed 4XJ's design brief in far less time!

scotia
    Free Member

and your point is caller?

do you not understand that they are maybe trying to get you to change your attitude?

did you not read that link posted on the first page? the one about the free work??

maybe if you eventually get a job you'll appreciate it..

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i have seen that link many times and i have said i went about asking the wrong way

glenp
    Free Member

You could at the very least have tried to do it yourself, and then asked or help. Anyone that can do that kind of work does it by working, not magic.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Right then 4X… why don't you show the forum, as an apology, how you should have asked if you were to have any hope of getting it done?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

' I know this may be a lot to ask as of you, as often you are busy.

Please can somebody alter the image to the following criteria:

Blacked out silhouette of the rider and a white back ground.

It is for use as a 'cover' for a mountain bike film. I will put you in the credits if you wish as a form of recognition and thanks.

Please can some body help?'

there….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

7/10.

You'd have got 9.5 if you'd used Jahwomble's stick man as a demonstration of your own attempts.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

lol

jahwomble
    Free Member

Oi, that stick man took me a good seven or eight seconds:)

Bunnyhop

Oh my goodness.
    I'm a bit late to this thread, Mrs Toast has had me in stitches.

Very, very funny chaps.

allthegear
    Free Member

By pure coincidence, this isn't the only favour having been asked of designers recently….

http://webpress.posterous.com/why-never-to-ask-favours-from-the-designers-0

Rachel

sc-xc

^ that link, and much of this thread confirms that designers are right up their own arses.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

that missy cat is a funny one, how ever sad portrayal as the time he wasted could easily have sorted it.

that poster was easily do able in publisher or pages so either could have done it in 5 mins max

Cougar

Compare,

"I'm having difficulties with this image, I've done x and y but can't get it to look quite right, could anyone give me some pointers please?"

and

"Will someone do this work for me for free because I can't be arsed, here are my requirements." Ten minutes later, "why hasn't this been done yet?"

jahwomble
    Free Member

"that missy cat is a funny one, how ever sad portrayal as the time he wasted could easily have sorted it.

that poster was easily do able in publisher or pages so either could have done it in 5 mins max "

Personally, I suspect it may not have been real/true.

Jay
    Free Member

Its not perfect, but is this any good?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

jay that is amazing, thank you

molgrips
    Free Member

LOL@that missy thread. "that will have to do" 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

4xj, you have to post up the video when you make it.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i intend to,

here is my 'cover' so far, what do you guys feature, what could improve it? or make it more appealing as a viewer?

GrahamS

Gaaaah! My eyes!

grumm
    Free Member

😆

Cougar

*gets the popcorn*

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

nah thats not it realy

Popocatapetl

http://www.paradigmhosting.net/yes_tubes/contact.htm, For those who haven't seen it, this is the link to the legendary "Badger" thread picture.Look under the Testimonials legend.

Antonyfw
    Free Member

Takes a man to admit when he's wrong even if you did put

there…..

at the end.

And you got a picture!

I just love happy endings.

Bez

what could improve it? or make it more appealing as a viewer?

Blindness?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

What's that green thing?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘For you design types and photoshop guru's’ is closed to new replies.