Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • For Sale Forum query
  • handyandy
    Free Member

I’ve not tried using the forums to sell before, so please be gentle.

In the FAQ, it says, “No Ad reposting for 24 hours”

Does this mean literally writing out the post again, or does it allow ‘bumping’?

Thanks in advance.

scotroutes

You can’t bump as that doesn’t raise your post back to the top. Just cut and paste

nuke

As above…and please don’t just add a ‘lazy link’ to an old ad in a new ad post

Drac

We delete those.

Yup copy and past your previous ad. If it has code in it then while writing the first save copy and save it to Notes or Notepad, depending on your OS.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Sure Drac? I’ve given up reporting them – several in there right now….

Drac

Positive but we don’t read every thread in the forum so we rely on people reporting them.

CheesybeanZ

It’s the twonks advertising NEW – unless your a retailer its 2nd hand with no warranty not new .!!!

handyandy
    Free Member

thanks guys

roverpig

I must admit I’ve done that and didn’t realise it was against the rules. It’s not one of the rules on the For Sale page itself and even looking at the “more rules” page it just says

“Don’t just lazily put a link to your ad on another website – include all the details in your post. Links to ads on other websites (with the exception of eBay ads that conform to our eBay ad rule) will be deleted.”

Which seems to imply that it’s only links to ads on other sites that are banned i.e. it’s OK to link to your own previous advert (to avoid having to re-enter all the links). Although it sounds as though it’s considered to be bad etiquette.

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s the twonks advertising NEW – unless your a retailer its 2nd hand with no warranty not new .!!!

I expect most of us understand the difference though.

Sellers advertising bikes with “warranty card so you can be the first owner” on the other hand…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘For Sale Forum query’ is closed to new replies.