Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • For all of those involved with Gisburn forest trails…
  • F-StopJunkie
    Free Member

I've just got back from Gisburn Forest covered in mud, with a puncture, and various aches and pains. Despite all that…

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone involved in the design, funding, access and building of the trails. There's some real crackers (and I didn't even manage to get around the whole red loop!) and really rideable even in the rain!

And the Dog and Partridge just up the road is equally lovely too!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Design was by Rowan Sorrell in the most part, he marked out the route. His company oversaw the contractors and did the micro designing on the contractor build sections.

On the volunteer build sections, we are roughly following the original planned route, but we get to decide the lines and features.

Next dig day is Sunday 13th December.

stumpyjon

Thanks for the post, tis appreciated.

I actually rode it for the first time in months last weekend in terrible conditions………..and had an ansolute blast.I've been up there loads recently, but not with the bike. Yes in places it's falling to bits but apart from the few yards to the crag it was all rideable. I actually quite enjoyed the more techy nature of some of the degraded bits, felt more natural.

dandan
    Free Member

I rode Gisburn yesterday for the first time, I was very impressed with it. I ride Landegla quite a lot and it was nice to do something different and IMO more difficult, I agree it does have quite a natural feel to it and I really enjoyed the slow speed technical rocky bits although I did go over the bars once, I even did the rock slab (was well chuffed with myself).

All in all a really great trail and I will be going back there very soon.

tony_m
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the comments, much appreciated. 🙂

Suppose I really ought to make the effort to go and ride it again myself sometime soon… 😳

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘For all of those involved with Gisburn forest trails…’ is closed to new replies.