Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Football transfers time to start shopping
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

the grim reality is that liverpool are still fulham with 2 world class players

Blah blah blah blah. So, a crap Liverpool finished 9 points off a CL place. The same points difference between 1st and 2nd place. 9 points a Dalglish team would not have dropped over a season. Woy’s gone now. Liverpool are in the ascendancy once more. You just don’t want to admit it.

As for Villa; they’re not even as good as Fulham… 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

an averageshit villa.

That was what was so disappointing about it. Even with the deadwood they have, they should be hammering sides like Villa who have become mid-table fodder and sleep inducing to watch. Clearly a bit of the inconsistencies of earlier in the season showing through again for the last two games.Top four would be fantastic for Liverpool next season. The title? Someone’s having a laugh.

trailmonkey

Blah blah blah blah

but it’s true though and you know it. where did konchesky come from ?

9 points is a huge gap to make up at the top when teams don’t drop points.

given the squad and the position that they’re in, 5th is a reasonable and possibly achievable goal.

Even with the deadwood they have, they should be hammering sides like Villa who have become mid-table fodder and sleep inducing to watch

you obviously don’t watch them very often. results are poor in comparison to mon’s team but the football is far better. still don’t let the facts get in the way of a counter slagging 😉

grum
    Free Member

Pretty obvious that Liverpool have deliberately lost the last couple of games so they don’t have to play in the Europa League. 😉

And there’s lots of non-Liverpool fan journalists who have been bigging up their chances for next season. It entirely depends on their purchases in the summer and how well they fit in imo – but if the other top teams are as poor next season as this one then they have a decent chance of top four.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah be’ave yourself. Where did Gerard Houlier come from?

Konchesky is gone. As are Joe Cole (shame, really wanted him to do well), Poulsen, Ngog, Jovanovic and one or two others I hope. Replace all those with some decent players, and Liverpool will have a pretty good side. Some of our youngsters have acquitted themselves well; Spearing, Shelvey, Kelly, Wilson and Flanagan are definitely ones to watch for the future.

So, it’s not quite as massive a task for Kenny as you might think.

Anyway worry about Villa instead; you’ll lose your best players and be in all sorts of trouble.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

your best players

😆

trailmonkey

Konchesky is gone. As are Joe Cole (shame, really wanted him to do well), Poulsen, Ngog, Jovanovic and one or two others I hope. Replace all those with some decent players

so that’s 7 players that you’re talking about replacing – in fact not only replacing but bringing in better players, that’s virtually a whole team. which is why i’m trying to explain to you that you need to be realistic about your expectations.

as for us we’ll be fine without young, we’ve had 4 good years from him and we’ll get big money when he goes to utd. downing is signing a new deal, we’ve got the only 20 goal english striker in the epl. no reason to suspect that we’ll be too far behind liverpool next season.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Anyway he’s going on about Konchesky;

3 names: Friedel, Warnock and, and, wait for it……. Emile Heksey.

Mind you, Villa do at least have something Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs etc don’t…. 😉

trailmonkey

realistic expectations ?

hey, nothing wrong with Brad ‘hunter gatherer’ Freidel. one of the best goalies of the prem era.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

realistic expectations ?

Top four, hopefully a tin pot.

No reason why not tbh.

trailmonkey

apart from the ones i’ve pointed out – 7-8 new players of the right quality etc

Junkyard
    Free Member

Liverpool are in the ascendancy once more.

they are on the up, this is not the same thing
    I like the fulham line btw harsh but amusing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

they are on the up, this is not the same thing

You’re right. Wrong word. 😳

Yeah, Kenny will have a few quid to spend, so I’d say getting at least 4 or 5 decent players in is very likely indeed. No need to spend silly money; Chicarito only cost Man U £8 million, so no need to splurge on overpriced superstars (we’ve done that already this season!). It’s all about choosing players to mould into Liverpool players. The way Fergie does at Man U.

Garry_Lager

Aaah, the delusional babbling of a Liverpool telly clapper. From London, naturally. Fully armed with third hand opinions from Sky – a thoroughly modern football fan. Shows your age, though – all red telly clappers are 35+, minimum, by law.
    Still, the sun shines on a dog’s arse every once in a while – I’d have to agree with you that the RS will compete for fourth. A lot right with the squad and Kenny’s nerves aren’t totally shot from the looks of it. Squad would be a lot better if Ste, la and Carra, la, were told to do one. But that’s not going to happen, fortunately.

Have to think of an alternative comparison to Fulham plus 2 WC players now – Stevie is starting on the downslope of his career and Torres is gone.

Junkyard
    Free Member

gerrard is world class by anyone standards and if you want to bait him at least try some subtlety.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have to think of an alternative comparison to Fulham plus 2 WC players now

Tbh, and I wouldn’t take this personally if I were you, but I’d rethink my general writing style and critique when it comes to football. Yours is beyond shit. Luckily, you didn’t take up journalism as a career. Sorry and all that…had to be said.

Garry_Lager

Sorry it’s not your cup of tea Darcy – lemme guess now, RS telly clapper? 😀

Ste G’s clearly been a titan for Liverpool but he’s 31 now and had a fairly mixed season – seems obvious to say he’ll decline from here.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry it’s not your cup of tea Darcy – lemme guess now, RS telly clapper?

Let me guess. English not your first language? I’m not even sure I understand your question. Look, I was only trying to help. If you’re not prepared to admit there’s a problem, you’ll never get round to fixing it. Take the first steps before it’s too late.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Garry_Lager – Member

Waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah waffle blah blether blah etc.

Sorry, did you say something? Forgive me for dozing off with boredom. 😳

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wunundred! 😀

And now a nice piece of music to celebrate:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wixz_r7v51E[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

its cheating to post twice at 99…what would you expect from a scouser etc
    yes we dont have much chance defence v attack

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

When I posted the one above it was only at 97 or something. So is ok.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Football transfers time to start shopping’ is closed to new replies.