Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • FoD new Dowies today, the man himself and other stuff
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

Had such a good ride in FoD today I felt the need to tell a bunch of Internet strangers. Rode a load of new (to me anyway) stuff – Shutcastle trails, Tramline plus classics like Dr Johns etc and a new Dowies (3) showed to us by Dowie himself. Bl88dy great, sun shining, pretty much bone dry trails and great riding company with Bigfoot MBC. Awesome day

v666ern
    Free Member

Hmm a dowies 3 you say…must go for a mooch!

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

It’s all lies, these trails don’t exist 😉

psling
    Free Member

And who’s this Dowie chap, probably some MXer ripping up the woods… 8)

wilko1999
    Free Member

Yeah go for a mooch, its great fun, the pixies have put a lot of work into it. Dowie reckons he had nothing to do with it, but I’m not so sure!

Mintman
    Free Member

I was out in that area for only the second time on Saturday as well – the trails over there are excellent and lots of fun was had. I’m not sure what bit was what but all of the trails I did were great fun!

It was the first ride out on my new C456 and the bike and trail seemed to be a match made in heaven!

jimster
    Free Member

Looking forward to next weekend , hoping to get that far down next Saturday.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

What are you calling Dowies 3?Cheers.Not the Bluebell trail?if not where does dowies 3 start?Anywhere near 1 or 2 or the motorbike trail.

zangolin
    Free Member

Dowies 3 is a new trail finishes were 1 and 2 finish.

jimster
    Free Member

Dowies 3 is a new trail finishes were 1 and 2 finish.

In which sort of direction would are we heading?

Tramline/Shutcastle need to get down there more often and explore more.

wilko1999
    Free Member

No not the bluebell one, as far as I know its a really recent one. Loads of earth been shifted, some really well built, solid jumps. The start is 2 or 3 hundred yards past the original Dowies start and it finishes on the fire road right near the end of Dowies. It is quite hard to find actually, we’d heard about it and rode round a few times trying to find it and it was only when we bumped into Dowie that he took us to the start

fodmtb
    Free Member

Starting to bed in nicely 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

Is the smiley for your new KOM!?

good work! 😀

Mintman
    Free Member

So does Dowies 3 start near the little kicker by the fence on the original trail – or am I completely lost?

v666ern
    Free Member

isnt that dowies 2…there ‘may’ be a strava segment if you explore for it (havent done it but my mate just sent me the link)

wilko1999
    Free Member

Yeah there ‘may’ be a strava segment and if you use an iPhone as a GPS it ‘may’ not pick up that you went down it and therefore your time ‘may’ not show up on the leader board even though your mates time showed up 4th and you did it significantly quicker than him. Bl88dy iPhone.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheers all will have a look at it in couple of weeks 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

Rode it tonight great trail, you can just float down all of it. Little greasy but dowies 1 was dry as a bone!
    Shout out to Rob who I met top chap & the lady horse rider

Warning though, some kids (young kids) had piled some branches over the track at the very start…nothing malicious just being kids
    Also why was there a goat tethered to a tree…honest to god it was like jurassic park, expected the t-rex round the next corner 😯

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘FoD new Dowies today, the man himself and other stuff’ is closed to new replies.